Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stop being a know it all.. cuz well, ur not!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Okay for starters, I work, go to school, and take care of my daughter 24/7. Her "father" is a marine who physically put his hands on me to try and force me into an abortion. I knew it'd be hard, single mom, especially when not planned, is not the easiest life but I'm 26, not a young kid. I made my decision to keep my daughter. I sold my vehicle and everything in order to buy her what she needs, she never goes without, sometimes I do but hey, that's life. My coworker and so called friend had the balls to say "you weren't ready for a kid"

"uhm yes i was"

" no you weren't you don't have a vehicle or a father for your child"

"that has NOTHING to do with me being a mother!"

Here's a thought, what do you do with ur life at 26? oh that's right ur a kiss ass at a grocery store and backstab everyone, congrats, you know everything.

and also, this is supposed to be a supportive community, why are so many girls here mean. seriously. do you get superpowers when you're behind a screen or something. wtf??? and when you prove them wrong they still insist they know better, just an fyi, I'm in nursing school and an emt, sometimes maybe its YOU.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:12 AM

um..ok...fuck the naysayers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
The hell with whatever others think or say. Sometimes they just like to hear their own voices. More power to you for standing up for what you want.
psych_mom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Just because you aren't rich when you have a child, doesn't mean you aren't ready to be a mom. I think what you are doing is great. I know going to school and raising a child isn't easy- I am graduating in May and it has been the hardest thing ever. I have two papers due tonight (both 10+pages and I am about to get back to writing them), but my kids have had to come first this week. One has been sick, one had a 3 hour long eye appointment and the third has been having allergic reactions to food (a new thing) all week long. As a mom you do your best, and that is what it sounds like you are doing. No, you didn't plan it this way, but you were given a blessing in your child and you see her worth. Don't worry about what she says, just keep doing what you're doing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't take this wrong, but is anyone really completely ready for motherhood. I mean I chose to get pregnant(3 seperate times), have a stable home and a dh of 8 yrs. We still have really rough times. Does this mean that I wasn't ready either? LIFE is rough! What I want to know was when did it become standard to be expected to do it ALL? I mean really, men have to go to work. End of story. Women are expected to work, run a household, carry and raise the children and many choose to go to school. Women just don't have the support anymore, especially from other women!

~end rant~sorry

AA2.0
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Just a thought, but being in nursing school doesn't mean you know everything, either. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Do what you have to and ignore the idiots.

ibelieveinpink
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

You'll get used to the bitches. You just have to ignore them. 

Whenever I make a post and I get negative feedback I just skip over them and only converse with whomever supports me or is at least offering advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Quoting AA2.0:

Just a thought, but being in nursing school doesn't mean you know everything, either. Lol

case and point.

AA2.0
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Case and point how? I'm not saying I know everything, I most certainly don't. But your whole "I'm in nursing school and an emt" statement just reeks of "I'm better than you because you just work in a grocery store." SOMEONE has to work in that grocery store and wait on all the nursing students and doctors! Lol

No one person knows everything. People will always have opinions about your life and situation. You can let it bother you to the point of an anon post on CafeMom, or you can live your life and prove them wrong. Nothing is as irritating to a naysayer as being proven wrong. And arguing with them gives them the reaction they want. They're trying to get under your skin. Make them think they're not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AA2.0:

case and point.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

nowhere in my statement did i ever say i know everything, what i'm saying is, i've worked in E.R.s as an emt and I'm really far into my nursing, so when people argue and i'm right and i prove them wrong the get mad. and shes my coworker.. i work with her at the grocery store. what i'm saying is that she acts like she knows everything about me, she doesn't have a child, so she really shouldnt act like she knows what it takes to be a parent, shes in her early 20s she has no idea what i've been through or anything else. and she acts like she some millionare who is high and above everyone and can do no wrong. which was my point.

Quoting AA2.0:

Case and point how? I'm not saying I know everything, I most certainly don't. But your whole "I'm in nursing school and an emt" statement just reeks of "I'm better than you because you just work in a grocery store." SOMEONE has to work in that grocery store and wait on all the nursing students and doctors! Lol

No one person knows everything. People will always have opinions about your life and situation. You can let it bother you to the point of an anon post on CafeMom, or you can live your life and prove them wrong. Nothing is as irritating to a naysayer as being proven wrong. And arguing with them gives them the reaction they want. They're trying to get under your skin. Make them think they're not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AA2.0:

case and point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)