Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update to my post about how much you 20 something moms go out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I just want to vent out my frustrations.

i wrote a post asking about how much you young mothers like to go out to the bar and club because my husbands friends wives n girlfriends who have two or three kids of their own but go out way too much. Like twice or three times a week. That's of course every Friday or Saturday and or a Tuesday or Wednesday. I hate the my husband feels left out because they don't invite us out anymore because of course I always said no we have our kids! 

Well, here's a back story on this group of "friends"

He has his bf lets call him Manny and his gf Vero. They have two kids the oldest from another man and their daughter from each other. Vero has a hoe friend that has slept with maybe 5 of my husbands friends. Her latest my husbands best man while him and his gf were separated. That hoe friend is actually Veros sons fathers ex gf that has three children of her own from Veros sons father. Does that make sense? Hopefully you are able to follow me. 

Well, of course it bothers me that it bothers my husband that he gets left out but this past Wednesday, Manny, Vero, the hoe friend Mari and her new beau went clubbing with Santi ( our best man) and Jazz his gf since they are now back together. That's too much unspoken drama. It wasn't long ago that Vero and Mari were talking shit to each other. And Santi is bring Jazz around after he just slept with Mari, really? What's up with that? 

I just find it unhealthy that's not friendship and who I want to associate with being a parent. 

My husband and I don't really hang out with anyone. I'm glad he gets to socialize at work. He's a very social person and extremely outgoing. I'm his opposite. It worries the hell out of me that he will leave me. That maybe he just settled for me. 

This is the venting booth and I just need to vent. It really hurts that we get left out but it's for good reason.i don't want to hang out with people like them. I just wish we could meet decent couples with children. It's hard though. 

When my husband and I do get the rare chance to be alone with out our children we don't even know what to do. He always went out before we got together and I'm just so afraid he's going to leave me. Especially knowing how much fun his friends are still having and he's just not. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerryket
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

You two should talk about some things you would like to go do together when you have free time, make a plan and do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Oh this has been getting at me for awhile. 2 weeks ago I bought us surprise NBA tickets and tickets to a baseball game we can use till June but that's for us and our boys. Still something fun we can do and get out of the house. This weekend we are going to the beach for Oyster Fest. Again as a family but who cares, something different and fun. He wants to see an arena football game so I'm thinking of getting us tickets off groupon. Got to save money for that one. I'm all for going out responsibly and on occasion. I just hate him and I reading all these stupid status updates off FB from those so called friends of his. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Our marriage has got so bad that some past nights when we are together like having dinner or something, we have nothing to talk about. It's so depressing. We need to reconnect before we fall apart.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM

My kids are away this weekend, they are hanging out with a friend for his birthday.  We don't have any special plans, but maybe just watch a movie, cook a nice meal for just the two of us (we both like to cook, he's better than I am), etc...

catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Find new friends. 

beckolette
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My niece came home from the hospital with new baby via cecerian (?). Was home 3 days and went partying with friends. Got so plowed she was dancing on tables. Other Aunt was at one bar and seen her, plus the pics on FB Niece posted cause she was so proud of her actions. 

I don't get this 20 something attitude of "Can't wait to have this baby so I can go party, drink, smoke, eat normal, etc...."

0oSamanthaKayo0
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM

That's just too much crazy!

DH & I get out on average about 1-2 / month. Usually one movie/dinner, and the other maybe a bar or a shopping trip LOL. But we often have game nights with mutual friends... usually it ends up being me & the guys playing rummy or board games after the kids go to bed... lame I know lol but it helps us spend time together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 25. I had my 1st baby a month before i turned 22 and my 2nd baby this past summer. Its rare that i go anywhere with out my kids. Tonight was the first time in almost a year that dh and i left them with my parents so we could have a date night. I didnt have kids so i could pawn them off every chance i get.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this

It's parents like these 20 something's that's aren't raising their kids right. Their kids become bullies, talk back, hell raising little shits, or just poor educated period. You know what I'm talking about. I hate it that today's youth makes us good young moms look bad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM

We are lucky if we get to go out every other year or so. However, I'm fine with it because the last time we went out drinking we spent well over 200 dollars and that is not ok. That's money that could have been spent on the kids and I hated my husband for buying drinks for the whole group of people we were out with. We decided it's just best for us to stay in. Your man needs to grow the hell up. If he leaves you over not partying all the damn time he's not worth your time anyways. Having kids takes that away if he didn't want that lifestyle he probably should have wrapped it up. We are 25 btw we went out for St Patrick's day last year and the time before that was our 21st birthday. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)