Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Tiny Toddler Frustrations!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

My DD will be two years old next month and she is super tiny. She is maybe 21 lbs. Everywhere I go everyone comments on how she is so small and how she shouldn't be talking like she is because she doesn't look like she should be. 

The doctors aren't concerned. She has always been petite, that's what they call her at the office. 

She doesn't eat that much food and sometimes it worries me.. I'm going to bring it up at her next appointment and still see if they don't have any concern with her weight. 

Anyone else ever have an almost 2 year old be this small and everything be okay and nothing wrong with the kiddo?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Terpsichore
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Yep, my nephew is a peanut. He's now 3 1/2 and weighs under 30 pounds. He was taken to his well-visits and the pediatritian was always saying how he's dropped off the bottom of the CDC chart, and was he walking yet, as my nephew is walking all over the room and looking for stuff to get into. He was an early walker but not an early talker. He's healthy.

His younger sister, who is a year and a half old, is also a peanut. I don't know what she weighs. She was not an early walker but she is an early talker. She's also healthy.

AnnieMcD
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I was super teeny when I was that age. Hell, at 7 I was still the size of a 4 year old. A very small 4 year old. The doctors claimed I had a "retardation of the Growth Hormone" and put me on a medication that "will make her eat more, which will make her taller" ... Yeah, didn't make sense to me either. I took the meds for a month, and in that month gained like 20 lbs. It completely destroyed my metabolism too, I've been overweight to obese ever since then.
She's probably fine, if her doctor isn't concerned you shouldn't be either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AA2.0
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I wouldn't be concerned if the dr isn't. I was really tiny as a child. Ironic, because I was almost 9lbs at birth. Lol My highest weight in HS was around 98lbs or so. Some kids/people are just petite or thin. I ate, I just didn't put on weight like most people. I'm sure she's just fine. :)
allsolittle
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM
My youngest will be two in June and is maybe a lb or two more. She's teeny. She eats enough. Kids are just different. People usually say she seems so small to be walking. She doesn't talk much, but has 3 older siblings to talk for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN