• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding out on FB....

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 18 Replies
Has the phone tree died? I learned three different times that my nana hurt herself from my aunt (her executrix and closest child) on FB. The latest was this morning with "Nana was carted off to the ER in an ambulance with a high fever. nothing serious." She's 80. Everything is serious when you're 80. Is it easier? Sure. But she can also call her two sisters (my mom and other aunt) and they can call or txt their kids rather than reading on FB that she's ill. Usually it's nothing and she's fine. But the one time it's not, her daughters get to say they found out on FB. That's screwed up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't understand anyone who uses FB as a 'real" way to communicate with other people. It's just incidental, extra. If you can't even be bothered to call on the phone to family members when it's something potentially serious there's something seriously wrong with your judgement.

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Even worse is finding out someone has died on FB. Seriously, some things should be conveyed through more personal means.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. I found out my grandma was in the hospital through FB. I also found out she and my dad passed BC of the newspaper! Smh
catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That would make me angry.

chattycassie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My aunt who is in charge of care for my grams does the same thing. IT pisses me off. Her FB is not only family but a ton of ppl we dont all know, I hate that she tells the whole world what is up with my grams but can't pick up the phone to tell us. Grr

Snivs
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be so angry.. Sorry Hun!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be pissed but at least you are finding out.

My brother doesnt let anyone know when my Dad is in the hospital. Dad just turned 84 and has COPD. Makes me so damn mad!

0oSamanthaKayo0
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this

There are some things that are just not appropriate to learn VIA social networking :-(

AleaKat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My step sister found out her dad had died of cancer over Facebook.

It's getting ridiculous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooseMomma
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

This happened to a friend of mine.

Quoting anotherhalf:

I agree. Even worse is finding out someone has died on FB. Seriously, some things should be conveyed through more personal means.

(BBC=mrscorbin924)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)