• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

autism- and my day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

let me begin by saying I love my son very much. he is a great joy...that said today has been HORRIBLE. one change to his schedule and he goes nuts. screams, cries, hits and just does not behave at all. I feel like I cannot control the situation sometimes. he listens to my husband a lot more then me..I just want to pull out all of my hair :(  okay there is my vent. have a nice day :(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
0oSamanthaKayo0
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM

:-( Sorry. How old is he?
Have you tried posting the daily routine on a poster, maybe with velcro so you can add in something if needed but he can actually see what to expect for the day?
My son is 8 (Asd, adhd, mod-severe mr, etc still testing for genetic conditions), routine isn't a huge issue for him... unless it's something big like if he's at school or home that day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

he is six. we are working on getting him onto a schedule. I am going to start working full time soon so that may really make things bad :/ he is in kindergarten. I tested him for genetics and he got it from me :( :( :(

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Have you tried posting the daily routine on a poster, maybe with velcro so you can add in something if needed but he can actually see what to expect for the day?
My son is 8 (Asd, adhd, mod-severe mr, etc still testing for genetic conditions), routine isn't a huge issue for him... unless it's something big like if he's at school or home that day.

MJP76
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

:(

0oSamanthaKayo0
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself, it takes time to get a strong routine as a family.

And what do you mean he got it from you? We're actually testing for genetic conditions outside of what he's already diagnosed with because there is so much more going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

he is six. we are working on getting him onto a schedule. I am going to start working full time soon so that may really make things bad :/ he is in kindergarten. I tested him for genetics and he got it from me :( :( :(

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Wife to George since 07.17.08
                       Alexander James born 11.12.04
                     Max George-Leonard born 08.31.09
                       Isabelle Lorraine born 02.11.12

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I supposedly have an off gene that can cause autism, next child I would have has a 25 percent chance of getting it. that's a good idea, I probably should have done that myself- and thank you

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Don't be too hard on yourself, it takes time to get a strong routine as a family.

And what do you mean he got it from you? We're actually testing for genetic conditions outside of what he's already diagnosed with because there is so much more going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I'm sorry.

TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I totally understand.  I have a "foster daughter" that is 22 and has Autism.  Some days are very bad.  It is even worse when that one bad day leads to several bad days.  It is an emotional roller coaster for everyone involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Don't feel bad for venting, you need to!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)