Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husbands dressing kids....

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

Alright so I have 3 kiddos. I usually lay out their clothes every day, especially if I work and DH will have the responsibility of getting everyone dressed.

DS1 (he is special needs and unable to dress himself, or select clothes) 8:
Today his shirt was a size too big (I but clothes in advance and they are in a seperate place in closet... I've told DH a million times. And his socks were on inside out

DS2 is 3: He was wearing one of his brothers shirts that is 4 sizes too big, it was like a mini dress ha. There is a slight chance he picked it out and insisted on wearing it.

DD: Is wearing a hot pink shirt with dogs on it, they have plaid bows on them & a pair of cow print fleece pants...

LOL I love this man, but this is what I come home to if I don't lay out clothes :-)

Anyone else deal with something like this?

Wife to George since 07.17.08
                       Alexander James born 11.12.04
                     Max George-Leonard born 08.31.09
                       Isabelle Lorraine born 02.11.12

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
psych_mom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I'd just roll with it, lol. A lot of men out there wouldn't even do that much so I'd use as a good reason to have a laugh together and not give it a second thought. I'm sure if he took a good look at your dd's outfit he'd have a good giggle :)

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM

It is opposite in my family.  I let ds(8) wear whatever he wants within reason - he always chooses jeans and a T-shirt.  When dh dresses him, he makes ds dress much nicer. 

catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Sometimes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I get it from my hubby AND my M-in-L if she is over and dresses the kids.... it was to the point when they were younger and I was going away for more than an over-night I would put complete outfits in gallon size Ziploc bags.  Of course, I would tell them that I did it because not all the clothes in the drawers currently fit, so that way it is "easier" for them.  Little did they know, at that point I was WAY too OCD to think that my kids would be out and about in clothes that I would not approve of.

I have relaxed some, my DD is 7 and pretty much picks out her own clothes, so if anything I "blame" her if I don't like the outfit she is wearing and anyone says anything to me.  The only time I will make her change if it is something completely inappropriate for what we are doing.. i.e. her wearing a skirt that when she leans over, her toosh hangs out the back.  My DS (2) I still have some control over; but again instead of stressing over it, if he is in something I didn't pick out, I am more than happy to throw DH under the proverbial bus for his choice in what to dress DS in.

Momtogirls0823
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM

My dds are 9 and 6.  Granted, our 9 year old is a skinny minney, but she's also taller.  That said, dh will look at their clothes and ask who's is who's!  I'm like, really?  It seriously isn't obvious which clothes go to which girl?  That's after I've laid them out!  Ugh!  

CotterpinDoozer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM

My DH doesn't seem to understand that certain outfits are sets, but I've tried to let that go...it bugs me though lol. Like he'll take the plaid skirt that goes with a little black top and pair it with some garish polkadot thing someone gave ups. My DD is only 18 months, she's not picking it out herself.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM

He just needs more practice.  Stop being the butler, he'll get the hang of it with practice.  The kids were dressed and if they don't "match" or a little too big, it's not such a big deal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)