Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriend's son is not liking me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

My boyfriend of almost 1 yr has two sons from a previous marriage.  The youngest is 15 and living with his mom.  He told his Dad the other day that he didn't want to come over anymore because he doesn't like me or my seven yr old daughter.  I'm totally confused as to why he doesn't like us.  The few times that he has been over we have fun! I try to plan things we can all do together, I cook food he likes, I'm nice to him, and my daughter gives him his space when he asks for it.  But then he goes home and tells his mom all these horrible things.  I have no idea what I'm doing or not doing.  I feel guilty because this makes his dad feel awful that he won't come spend time with us.  His dad says that its because he feels guilty for having a good time at someone elses house with someone who isn't his mom.  I also don't know if the age difference between me and his dad has anything to do with it.  I'm 27 and his dad is 41.  I know the divorce is hard on him and it must be really difficult to see your parents with new partners, but I just don't know what to do.  I just want to have a good relationship with him! 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
anotherhalf
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
His dad is probably right. The son is probably very loyal to his mom and liking you would be disloyal to her. How long have they been divorced?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM
That's a bit of an age difference. I don't see a problem, but he might.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommakyia
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Aww I'm sorry, I do think the boy is just being loyal to his mom. He feels guilty about having fun with you and his dad because you're not his mother. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)