Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far can you go?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

How far can you go with discipline without cps getting involved? My 14 yr old thinks he can run the house and yell at me to do what he wants me to do. Most of the time I just want to slap his head clean off his shoulders. I am a single mom and my dad tries to help me but he over rides every consequence I give. He don't sweat at all or I would have already shipped him to bôot camp.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I think you can take everything away from him except necessities such as clothes, bed, food, hygene products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Some states let you slap your kid.  I had a CPS worker in Washington tell me I could slap my teen in the face as long as there was no more than a temporary mark. I looked at her like she was crazy when she told me that.

Teens are rough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM
The last time that the cops were here. He said as long as he don't have to go to the hospital.Do whatever is necessary to control him.DS is 6ft and 290; I am 5ft and 250. DS is very agressive with me and my dad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM

have his ass arrested next time he threatens you or physically assaults  you...time in juvie mite straighten him out

Quoting Anonymous:

The last time that the cops were here. He said as long as he don't have to go to the hospital.Do whatever is necessary to control him.DS is 6ft and 290; I am 5ft and 250. DS is very agressive with me and my dad.

3JuJu3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

There is always something that he or she cares about.  Friends, technology, whatever.  Take away whatever you can.  Calmly explain why you are taking it away.  Whatever happens will happen.  Don't be intimidated!  You can always call the police on your teen if they get physical with you.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids aren't teens yet but it's not too far off. I'm appalled at how teenagers speak to their parents now. I've already warned my 12 yr old if he ever speaks to me like that I will smack him in the mouth. I don't use spanking as a form of discipline but I have no problem starting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Here you can tap a child with your hand but you can't leave bruises.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I think it should be up the us parents to explain this subject to their children....But I think kids hear differing stories on the playground anyway and will answer questions when they become curious enough....And I agree that commercial is stupid...

psych_mom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you need some external help with this one. I would start by taking everything he owns away and putting it outside of the home, at a friend, co-worker or other family members house. When he comes home and sees this, have your phone in hand in case he gets violent. Contact different organizations in your area that work with teens and see what options you have that can help you. Find something you feel comfortable with and get him into the program.

catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)