• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband doesn't get it.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am so full of rage right now I have no words. Dinner last night I was very sick all day husband cooked sausages for the family and kidney for me... KIDNEY? I was vomiting and visiting the bathroom every hour and you think kidney is what is good for a hurting tummy? I have diabetes so I have to eat, it wasn't an option just to skip it so I made a kinda pasta thing really quick and he was all why didn't you eat the kidney, and I was like seriously??? OH um okay fine whatever, not to mention the reason why I was ill was cause I can't stand for a long time, I black out due to a heart condition. We had been at the doctors all morning and I came home my blood sugar was low, but husband was like OH I need to make these calls now. Daughter was screaming hummy hummy so I stumbled into the kitchen made her something and started seeing spots I needed something ASAP, I grabbed the first thing I saw tossed it in the micro ate like 3 bites and got violently ill. Husband was like why couldn't you wait?? It's just food, make your own. Oh husband you are meant to be my care provider, that is why you don't work. Your only job is to take care of the kids and me and you get mad when you have to do that. So today.. dinner is coming and husband is like oh we can have these micro pot roast they are easy. He cooks them sees they shrunk goes into my parents room and tells them and their nurses they can have them as the meat shrunk down. So he is gonna make himself an omlette, and I can have whatever left overs aren't going off.. REALLY???? OH um okay but I would have liked the option to turn down my own dinner and then go to look at the meat and see it is 5 by 3 inches.. plenty big enough to share between 4 people if there are enough veggies done, but he doesn't want to do that.  He does minute rice in the micro and screams for them that dinner is done. One pouch of minute rice and the meat thing is what is for dinner?? Oh wow you would think seeing how he doesn't work he wouldn't complain about what he has to do, but NOPE I'm wrong it is never ending complaints. Am I wrong to be upset? I just want some dinner. It's his responsiblity. Two veggies and a main course.. is that so hard?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Punkslilncs
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM

next time you get sick, have a friend come pick you up, and stay over there instead. 

WonderWoman22
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Sending lots of TLC .hugs

catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you are under a bit of stress. I'm sorry. Punch him in the kidney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM

If you husband does not work, how do you pay your bills? 

Punkslilncs
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I used to work 12 hour days as a funeral director the commisions were to die for. ( Pun intended) So basically savings.

Quoting momto3B:

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Forgive me, are you completely disabled at this point? If so, would it not be easier on your marriage if you were to have someone else be your primary caretaker? 

My mom had MS for 34 years (badly, no remissions) so I am well aquainted with life long disability and what happens in a family. 

Quoting Punkslilncs:

I used to work 12 hour days as a funeral director the commisions were to die for. ( Pun intended) So basically savings.

Quoting momto3B:

Punkslilncs
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I am and have applied for one, but that is going to take a lot of money to cover so looking into it right now.

Quoting momto3B:

Forgive me, are you completely disabled at this point? If so, would it not be easier on your marriage if you were to have someone else be your primary caretaker? 

My mom had MS for 34 years (badly, no remissions) so I am well aquainted with life long disability and what happens in a family. 

Quoting Punkslilncs:

Quoting momto3B:

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Is your husband a certified nurse? What did he do before?

Quoting Punkslilncs:

I am and have applied for one, but that is going to take a lot of money to cover so looking into it right now.

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Punkslilncs:

Quoting momto3B:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)