Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So how can you ignore there are problems.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

Oh to feel like my world is not spinning away from me. 

How do you get HB to understand that he's not making enough money to pay the bills so he needs to quit spending money?

I hadn't seen my HB in over 3 weeks when he came home last weekend. He was ranting and raving about how there's nothing to eat in the house.  (well there isn't), no money for groceries.  But he had money to buy lottery tickets and smokes!  

I'm so stressed out, I keep giving myself mirgraines too.

The job he has just will not make it to pay all the bills each month. And he's not looking for another one.  

He's got this idea in his head that we'll win the lottery, or that I need to get a job that will make between 2400 to 5000. a month.  So he doesn't have to work so much.  It drives me nuts, cause he knows I can't work outside the home.  

I had cancer, then went through chemo and radiation.  Then later on I was in a auto accident, where I broke my collar bone in 2 place, shoulder blade, they listed 8 broken ribs but there were more. Fractured my teeth. And my spleen ruptured so had to have that removed.  Then after I healed from all that I  slipped on the ice and fractured my hip on the right side in 3 places and messed up my right knee.   So I walk with a limp. My right leg is shorter then my left now. 

So say you were just at the sniffle stage of a cold.  Well I could get near you and be sick for 2 weeks or a month.   

I am doing La Bella Baskets,  but with all the extra stress here lately I haven't been able to post ads online. I've never once gotten anyone to go to my site and buy something, or join the LBB saver club, which would help someone save 20% off everything on my site.  You would think that it would be easy since everyone sends flowers, cookie bouquets, and gift baskets.  

Can't talk to my family about this.  My sisters all have HB's that work with good jobs and a few of my sisters work too.  I know everything is up in the air anymore with the encomoy, but darn it all!   I tired to talk to one of my sister's about this and she thought I was asking her for money,  that's not the case.   I've been here before, well almost before,  this is the lowest its ever been.  At lest before I had a bit of savings to fall back on, not this time. 

So far I haven't gotten to where I can't send someone $25. payment to keep my lights on, or the phone.  But darn it all,  those bills are getting to darn big to keep this up.  

Grrrrrrrrrrr.   HB just called, where he works, they are not working tonight or this weekend. So for this week he only worked 3 days. 

Well I'd better stop, I feel a headache coming on and I have to take my medicine for it, or I'll be sick as a dog here in about 5 mins. 

I hope all of your are doing better than me.  

I wish I could get someone to buy the semi and flat bed trailer in my yard,  that I wouldn't have to worry about things for quite some time. 

sad

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Have you applied for or are you on disability?
Wendy1R
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I applied for disability, but was turned down.  So stupid.   one of my sisters has a friend who doesn't have the problems I do, but he got disability.    As for assistant,  they say we make to much or own to much.   I feel like I need a rock to crawl under and just stay there.   Normally I'm a very happy person who loves to laugh and smile alot, but not right now.  Its also affecting my in other area's.  I quilt, but not right now.  And I have a anniversary quilt to finish that should have been done last October.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

get an atty and reapply or appeal the denial...it's your only option at this point. 

Quoting Wendy1R:

I applied for disability, but was turned down.  So stupid.   one of my sisters has a friend who doesn't have the problems I do, but he got disability.    As for assistant,  they say we make to much or own to much.   I feel like I need a rock to crawl under and just stay there.   Normally I'm a very happy person who loves to laugh and smile alot, but not right now.  Its also affecting my in other area's.  I quilt, but not right now.  And I have a anniversary quilt to finish that should have been done last October.  

WonderWoman22
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM

im sorryHope things look up soon!

psych_mom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Definitely get an attorney and reapply. Also, I have to be honest, I don't know anyone that sends flowers, gift baskets or cookie bouquets. Are there other things you can do from home to help make income?

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM

You could try to find a work from home job at flexjobs.com.  It will be easier for you (although still difficult) to find a way to work from home than it will be for you to change your HB.

ScrnwrtrMama
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Wendy1R,

Wow!! I feel your pain. Maybe after reading my post, the sun will shine a little brighter over your circumstances.

Seriously though, I'm a stage 3 breast cancer survivor, single momof 3. Who were 2, 6, and 10, when I was diagnosed 7 years ago. Had chemo, radiation, and worked 2 jobs at that time, had numerous surgery, developed nerve damage due to so much surgery on the one side, and was still denied disability, after waiting a year for the hearing. And now my 18 yr old pain in the butt daughter is pregnant, with an attitude, of the "world owes me".  So you know what I'm doing right now? I've written a book, that's entered early publication phase, and have written, and will direct a play during breast cancer awareness month this year. All stress will do is increase disease and more stress. We all have crap to worry about nowadays, but you know what may help you? Finding something else, which you may have already done, and if it's not bringing about the change that's needed, than find something else. Keep going, you have to be strong. And if you can survive chemo, than you can manuever through those circumstances, that are causing headaches. While I'm no pro on relationships, maybe it's time you have a real serious talk with your husband. Remind him of the good times, and what brought you two together in the first place. Like I said I'm no pro Wendy, but... you have to search for something that will flip the coin, in your favor. You must find a way to do something new, different. Sometimes having family support is great, but if their preoccupied it all comes back to you anyway. So you must do it on your own. As a christian I pray, and believe it or not, the answers show up every time. I also believe your situation will get better, and better, but it's up to you Wendy,

I hope I've helped somewhat, nevertheless be strong!!!

3JuJu3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM

What is the child situation like?

Wendy1R
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Thanks everyone,  

I'm feeling better today.  Talked to my doctor here and he's going to help me reapply for disability.  He says its for the birds that people who really need the help get denied. 

As for changing the HB,  not going to happen.  Been married now for 11 years.   He came home last night and we talked, I cried. He can't see a problem.  I understand why,  his whole family is that way.  They don't see they are the problem, they see its everyone else fault.  So he went back  to the truck this morning.  (truck driver)

I did get him to agree to fill out a application for a different job.  Oh course I went and got it this morning before he left.  So I'll turn it in on Monday. 

Child situation is good.  My son's are 29 and 27 and on their own.  

I thought long and hard about everything after he left.  I figured it I could survive cancer, chemo, radation, auto accident and everything else I've been through,  this is a piece of cake.  I've done it all before on my own, I can do it again.   

Thanks for the website about a job too. I'll check it out.  

Thanks for listening and supporting me.  Along with the different ideas.  It helps to hear from someone who isn't family and puts me down all the time. 

simple smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)