Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the hell

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

Husband works for government and has a government credit card. Withdrawals money from it but can use it anywhere....Then I noticed on our checking account he pays large amount of money on it No he does not tell me when he takes money out or how much He doesn't even tell me how much he pays on it. I usually find out my looking on our web bill or look in his wallet when he gets ready to leave on a trip. Its not small cash he is withdrawing he large amount What gets me is he takes some money out from the family money and pays extra on his government credit card. He does have per Diem to pay I don't even see that I don't even see what he makes for his traveling.

Then my husband tells me to take money out of our savings which is at another bank and put it in our checking because we are short. Well I told him if he didn't pay on his government credit card we will be ok. He said what he did is he took money out from his government credit card and then deposit into our checking and then paid on his government credit card. Which to me does not make any sense at all.

He paid bills on line he said a week ago I told him we are suppose to pay them together. He said I didn't think you will mind Hell yea I mind!!! I wanna see where our money is going to....

He spent over 20 years in the Navy who in the hell took care of EVERYTHING when he was gone. ME what gives him the right to pay bills with talking to me. And what gives him the right to pay on his government credit card with our money. He said its not our money ..I told him to show me prove Bring home his peir diem paperwork He said work doesn't do anything like that....

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM

well, you know the gov is/are crooks, and that unf, includes your dh...sorry about that...divorce his ass, and get alimony and child support, since he seems to have so much money to throw around. 

catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Sounds odd. Talk to him. If that doesn't work try a sock of butter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

My dh works for the government as well and has a card.  He NEVER pays on the card.  The bills go to accounting and they pay - in fact I'm sure it is against the rules for him to be paying on it.  Additionally, they do have per diem paperwork - I've seen it - accounting is very detailed about the spending of government funds.  Your dh is feeding you a line of crap.  You should figure out what is going on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)