Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost Tooth

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 6 year old son had a loose tooth for a couple of weeks now.  We were really looking forward to putting his first loose tooth under the pillow for the tooth fairy.  I work nights, so when I got home the other morning my husband gave me a quick kiss goodbye as he went off to work.  My son was eating his breakfast so I started doing last night's dishes.  As I was finishing, he came up to me saying proudly how he lost his tooth during the night.  I asked him where he put it and he told me that daddy put it in a small green bowel on the counter.  Right next to the dirty dishes.  In otherwords, I washed this dish, thus loosing his tooth.  He wasn't that upset about it though and I told him that the tooth fairy would give him an IOU, but I'm still ticked off that my husband couldn't tell me about the tooth so that I could save my first child's first tooth!  This is a petty vent, but one I wanted to share with you because I didn't think it was worth showing my husband how upset I was over the circumstances.  

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kerriebear007
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:02 AM
:( I'm sorry. My ds swallowed his first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:37 AM
That stinks but when my dd swallowed one of her teeth the tooth fairy still left her $ it wasn't her fault.:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:44 AM

yeah, just have the tooth fairy leave him a note saying she knows he lost a tooth, and it's misplaced, and when he finds it, he can put it under his pillow at that time. 

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
When ds loses his first tooth he's going to freak out and swallow it...or leave it for dd to swallow. He's just started at 5 letting me brush his teeth w/o holding him down (yay autism) so I'm looking forward to them dropping out. Hopefully he will take care of his next set himself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM
designate a spot to keep lost teeth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I agree with having a designated spot for the future and also still giving him money.

CotterpinDoozer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

My grandmother actually made my dad's first baby tooth into a ring. It's actually really creepy. I agree to designate a spot for teeth for the tooth fairy. My mother had an old ring box that she made into our lost teeth display lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)