Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Competitive family members.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I have this family member who has this competition with me going on about our children. It's become really annoying. If I post pictures of my kid on FB, an hour later she will post pictures of her kids from like two years ago. If I make an event invite to my kids birthday party, she will turn around and make one for her kids parties, even if they are months and months away. At first I laughed about it because it was so ridiculous, now I'm really irate about it and what she pulled last night was the last straw. I'm not going into details because I think she may be on this website. I can't delete her off my list because I will catch holy hell for doing so and I know she would notice right away. I hate the thought of blocking her from my kids pictures because that is the only way she really sees them, but I know I may have to. This shit has to stop. 

Would you say something, or do what I have been doing and let it go? Is there any better way to handle this?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
psych_mom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I would let it go. I would also unfollow her on facebook, that way you can't see everything she does.

catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM
What holy hell would you catch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CotterpinDoozer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I'd just unfollow her if it would really cause that much drama to just unfriend her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)