Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am Disgusted by Black Mold Cobwebs and Scribbles...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Should she be reported?

Options:

Yes

No

Undecided

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

My little sister susposingly has OCD...yet  there is black mold covering the inside of her fridge and in the shower... It is bad...there are cobwebs hanging down from the ceiling touching the cabinets, there is coloring scribbles over most of the walls in her home. Home wreaks of animal and children urine.I seen animal poo on the floor too.

When I said something to her about the black mold in the fridge she said 2 things I don't do

" I don't clean out the fridge or clean up vomit"

What would you do? If anything?

can of worms

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Uh, ew?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

BUMP!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Ugh. black mold in a home caused damage to me. It is now my worst fear.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Quoting ColleenF30:

What happened?
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I was renting a place. Was in it almost two years. I was sick constantly. Started to be like a demtia patient. The mold finally broke through the ceiling in the laundry room and we knew what it was then. I still have memory and coordination issues. Some days are worse than others. Respritory problems have cleared up some. I had thought I was losing my mind for the longest time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColleenF30:

What happened?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry to hear. Thank you for sharing!

Hugs.

johnny4ever
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Yes

HTMommy
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I said yes, mainly because that is a straight up health concern. Mold causes SOOO many breathing issues. If its in the fridge it can potentially spoil the food, anything that is not covered is exposed and the mold spores can easily be blown onto the food when the door is opened. Also it could lead to signs that there is something wrong with the fridge, normally the mold needs moisture to grow, and typically moisture shouldn't be present in a fridge. if it is it could be that the fridge is not cold enough, and that the fridge is not keeping the food inside the proper temperature.

As to the urine smell and feces on the floor, if she doesn't get that taken care of she can be harming the actual stability of the surfaces. Urine is corrosive over time and feces is a BREEDING ground for all kinds of bacteria and disease! She could get her kids taken away for that....

HTMommy
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that, did you take a lawsuit out against whoever you were renting from? Mold is such a serious issue too and like you, so many people don't know about it until there is some obvious sign...its scary!
Quoting ColleenF30:

I was renting a place. Was in it almost two years. I was sick constantly. Started to be like a demtia patient. The mold finally broke through the ceiling in the laundry room and we knew what it was then. I still have memory and coordination issues. Some days are worse than others. Respritory problems have cleared up some. I had thought I was losing my mind for the longest time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColleenF30:

What happened?

mommy to 3 monkeys, who...I think need some glasses

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I think I would only call CPS if the children were ill a lot.  Mold could make the kids really sick.  Other than that, how much vomit do you see spewed around the house - freaking gross.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)