Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I rode without a seatbelt when I was a kid and I survived!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
...maybe that's because the ones who didn't survive aren't around to tell the tale.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I don't know why people say things like that.

psych_mom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Also cars weren't made as flimsy back then. I know they have all these safety features today, but most are smaller, the exterior body frame is made of less sturdy materials so the car can be lighter and get better gas mileage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM

i rode my bike without a helmet and survived...i also drove the lawn mower in bare feet and still have my feet..i crossed my eyes and they didn't stay that way either.......we rode in the back of the pickup too without consequences of being pulled over....

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
My point being: the guy who's head was cracked open and died isn't here to say "I rode without a helmet and died."....

Quoting Anonymous:

i rode my bike without a helmet and survived...i also drove the lawn mower in bare feet and still have my feet..i crossed my eyes and they didn't stay that way either.......we rode in the back of the pickup too without consequences of being pulled over....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Kinda like saying "I was shot and survived."  Doesn't make being shot any safer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)