Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Augh, STEPSON

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
...is going to be five years old in august and is still in diapers. I have a three month old DD and am having to carry around his pullups in her diaper bag. AUGH.

It's not the diaper bag thing that makes me mad (the idea is just weird to me is all... A four year old with a diaper bag) but I'm just so frustrated. By the time DH's visitation is over we have him in big boy undies. He comes back in pullups, shitting in them and everything. And he just told his it's his eight year old sister that changes him and gets him ready before we pick him up.

We're usually successful in potty training him before he leaves, but he says his Granny (BM's mom) doesn't make him use the potty so he doesn't care. Any threats/punishments we make don't bother him. He just says he'll get Granny to undo it.

Blah!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
deadlights86
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

If you figure something out let me know. My ds just turned 4 and will go to the bathroom no problem if he's naked but if he has pull ups or undies on he won't go.

psych_mom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Do they realize that this needs to be taken care of before he starts school next year? Have you guys thought of offering him an incentive? Something he really wants.

catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM

That's frustrating that everyone isn't on the same page.

panther79
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM

is talking to BM or his granny going to do any good?

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM

You know he can do it.  If the rules in your house are that he uses the toilet, then he uses the toilet or faces the consequences.  He is potty trained, he's just not expected to do it at the other houses. But I do find it weird that he doesn't care if he's sitting in his business - gross.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Quoting psych_mom:

Do they realize that this needs to be taken care of before he starts school next year? Have you guys thought of offering him an incentive? Something he really wants.

Right? We've tried every reward we can think of... He just doesn't care. :/ For example, we'll tell him if he uses the potty we'll take him to Chuck E. Cheese (he LOVES) but he'll go in his pullups without telling us - even if we put him on the potty every hour - and then throws a HUGE tantrum because he can't go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Quoting panther79:

is talking to BM or his granny going to do any good?

Unfortunately, no. BM and granny both are fairly hostile to us. BM has four kids by different men and DH is the only one who insisted on staying in SS's life. They tried to offer him 10k to give up his rights. He fought it tooth and nail but we still only managed every other weekend. If we try to discuss anything about SS or even mention wondering if we could have more time with him, they panic and threaten to take us to court to remove visitation; they're paranoid DH is going to try for sole custody one day. We basically just try not to 'rock the boat' but it's frustrating as hell.

Even when he was 3 and we tried to tell them he wasn't potty trained they insisted it was just with us. This recent thing they're calling a "relapse" and saying we must have done something to break him of using the potty.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)