Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I swear I'm not ungrateful....

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
But I am so pissed off that my mom won't tell me what she and my dad got ds for his bday. I understand not wanting him to know but I kinda should know.

One of two things is likely to happen: 1) they get something he already has (which is annoying) or 2) they get him something I can't let him play with around dd and I have to control his use of it because dd is too young to play with it safely.

All she will tell me is it makes noise. -_-
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Fun!

tifbrown
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate that. I always want to know what gifts are to avoid duplicates. My mom pulls that "it's a surprise for you too" crap, it irritates me.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM
My big fear is they will get something they know I won't let him have and then I have to be the bad guy later taking it away. I don't let him play with toy weapons especially guns. Not that they do it on purpose, but they forget.

Quoting tifbrown:

I hate that. I always want to know what gifts are to avoid duplicates. My mom pulls that "it's a surprise for you too" crap, it irritates me.

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Toys for my house must get my approval first or its a no go

psych_mom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM

My parents always tell me just so no one buys duplicates.

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I'm betting drums!!!!

nermall1102
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I know how you feel. My bio family pulls the same crap. So when my dd7 gets a gift she doesnt open it and then if its a toy she has already, not her age n grade level or innapropriate we take it back. Ive asked for gift reciepts and they say therrs no need. I wosh i could offer better help. Maybe dont uave him open the toy amd talk to ds and suggest getting something else. 'Thats what i do after everyone isnt around bc that way no one can witch about it.
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM

We dont censor our sons toys, especially from Grandpa.  So I cant say I have ever had this problem.

Just tell them if its something you cant have in the home, they will have to keep it at their house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)