Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I'm a pagan AND a skeptic

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 17 Replies
I can't help it. Whenever I hear someone say "I see ghosts" or "I'm a psychic" or anything along those lines I go "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you are" I don't believe people who claim to have visions. I don't believe people who think there's a ghost in their home. And I really, Really REALLY, don't believe people who do "psychic readings" from pictures or words on the internet.
I'm a bad pagan. LOL.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm an atheist and I have had experiences outside the realm of normal.  I might be sensing other things or I might be mentally ill.  The jury's still out ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I don't think so and I am pagan.
AnnieMcD
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM
lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm an atheist and I have had experiences outside the realm of normal.  I might be sensing other things or I might be mentally ill.  The jury's still out ;)

JTE11
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I'm a Christian and I'm not ruling everything out, so where does that leave me? lol

AnnieMcD
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, I believe in energies left by the departed which some people interpret as "ghosts" and I believe in magic and even most psychic abilities. But I believe that those are incredibly rare, and that 99.99999% of people who claim these skills are either con-artists or delusional.

Quoting Anonymous:

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM

My freaky one was the house I lived in 2 yrs ago. I wasn't the only one who was seeing the woman in victorian era dress picking flowers. The week before I left there were flowers all over the spot I was seeing her in. Granted it may have been the black mold triggering it, but it got my friggin attention.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I agree with that too.  The things that I've experienced have happened since I was a child but years can go by with nothing out of the ordinary and I certainly can't "make" anything happen.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Don't get me wrong, I believe in energies left by the departed which some people interpret as "ghosts" and I believe in magic and even most psychic abilities. But I believe that those are incredibly rare, and that 99.99999% of people who claim these skills are either con-artists or delusional.

Quoting Anonymous:

AnnieMcD
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:12 PM
This is what I mean by "energies of the departed" ... sometimes people leave an imprint. More than likely in life she spent a lot of time picking flowers there. Or her death was there and very traumatic. But do I think it's really the spirit of the person? Nope. That's an echo...

Quoting ColleenF30:

My freaky one was the house I lived in 2 yrs ago. I wasn't the only one who was seeing the woman in victorian era dress picking flowers. The week before I left there were flowers all over the spot I was seeing her in. Granted it may have been the black mold triggering it, but it got my friggin attention.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I am Christian and up until 10 years ago, I believed none of that was real. 10 years ago, some things started happening that has made me question what I believed. I do now believe there is something, what exactly, I still don't know.

AnnieMcD
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM
In the realm of possibility. :o)

Quoting JTE11:

I'm a Christian and I'm not ruling everything out, so where does that leave me? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN