Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Dear family.

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 20 Replies

I have a letter for each of you.

"Mom"- since I have gotten the restraining order against you, your granddaughter has not asked about you once. She will not talk about you. Like you said yourself, with that stupid little grin on your face-"she has seen worse than you can imagine." No wonder she hasn't asked about you.
You wanna continue to be a substance abusing, selfish, HORRIBLE person, go ahead. keep hurting people who love you. someday they will get brains like I did and will want nothing to do with you.
How does it feel to know you will not see your granddaughter grow up? She is talking full sentences now, and you are missing it. You will miss her 1st day of school.
By the time the order expires, and IF you change (doubt it), my child will not recognize you. as it worth it? was it worth it to threaten myself, my husband, yes my daughter and others? was it worth it to call me a fucking whore and say I was the "mistake child"?

Enjoy not knowing your grandchild. You know, the baby you watched being born and cried over as you held her for the 1st time.
You made the bed, you lie in it.

Grandma- my granny. I never thought you of all people would betray me. You are 71. don't you have better things to do than pick fights with your own granddaughter?
You told me yourself you are terrified of your own daughter. yet you allow her to live with you. I don't care if you cannot separate yourself from her and think for yourself. I don't care that you don't love me enough to respect my choice to keep my daughter's well being and safety my number one concern in life. Blood related or not, if someone is a threat, I will cut them out of my life.
You promised my little girl you would contact me and her so she could see you. She was beyond excited. You never called- that was 5 months ago.

Now I have a daughter who occasionally asks me why her nana lied to her and why she will not see her.

My brother- Justin. we grew up BEST friends. You are the only family member I cry over. We were inseperable. My older brother, you were my hero and I love you more than words can say (I still do. always will).
my daughter loves you to pieces and cries over her "guncle" who refuses to see her.
our mother treated you way different than me. you admit that. you magically forgot what she has put us through year after year after year. you're mad at me for cutting her out? mama's boy. this is the same woman who tried to have you arrested AT WORK IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY because she thought it'd be fun to lie to the cops about you. she said you were beating up your pregnant little sister. you found out she lied, but that's a-ok, apparently.
then your nasty girlfriend of 1 MONTH has the balls to tell me I am a bad mother? to make fun of the fact my pockets aren't lined with money, even though hers aren't, either? AND YOU TAKE HER SIDE. apparently getting pussy is worth it. you need to stop dating total bitches. you lost your best friend over a chick. hope you are happy. thisisi the same girl who still has pics of her ex plastered all over her facebook, right next to pics of you. classy woman.

aunt paula- my grama's sister. you think you have a right to tell me what a worthless person I am? Fine.

I do not care that I am no longer welcome at your home, even for holidays. What I do care about, though, is how you acted like a fuckin' middle schooler and posted pics to my facebook of my mom, grama and brother having a blast at an xmas party I was not invited to (not that I cared, but you made sure to remind me, huh). 

you are in your late 60's, yet you still have major growing up to do.

I will wait for my daughter's 3rd birthday in July. I will not expect anything for my own bday in June. But you all CHOSE to disown my little girl. I hope you all choose to wish her a happy bday, at the very least. 

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

sorry you got a crappy deal....i did too, and pretty much made a family for my kids of people that are not blood related...there's the family your'e born to , and then the family you make.  I choose to be with the family i made.   

ACDC_fan
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

aw thank you <3
I am doing the same for her. luckily my husband's family is very loving and loves my baby girl to death.
It's just upsetting sometimes. Makes me very angry to think about. ugh.  

Quoting Anonymous:

sorry you got a crappy deal....i did too, and pretty much made a family for my kids of people that are not blood related...there's the family your'e born to , and then the family you make.  I choose to be with the family i made.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

yes, you will be angry for quite a while- i was for years.  it took therapy for me to get over how i was treated.  

Quoting ACDC_fan:

aw thank you <3
I am doing the same for her. luckily my husband's family is very loving and loves my baby girl to death.

Quoting Anonymous:

ACDC_fan
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Just from my mother alone, I know I would benefit greatly from years of therapy.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes, you will be angry for quite a while- i was for years.  it took therapy for me to get over how i was treated.  

Quoting ACDC_fan:

aw thank you <3

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

They are not worth your time and tears. I have crappy family members too. My new husband has not even met most of them and I hope he never does. We are happy and we love our little girl very much. We do not care if her grandfather ever meets her. She does not know he exists. Both grandmothers are aloof and the only grandfather is completelty out of the picture. Guess what? We are drama-free and loving it.

HTMommy
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

*hugs* Getting it out is sometimes the best therapy you can ever give yourself

ACDC_fan
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM

yes!! thank you lol <3
I was THIS CLOSE to messaging at least my brother on facebook. but what would that have done? 

Quoting HTMommy:

HTMommy
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM

It might may you feel better just to let him know how you feel, even if he doesn't understand or respect it, as close as it sounds like you were, you may need to get it off your chest to him regardless

Quoting ACDC_fan:

yes!! thank you lol <3
I was THIS CLOSE to messaging at least my brother on facebook. but what would that have done? 

Quoting HTMommy:

ACDC_fan
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I think so. I just really need to figure out what to say and HOW to say it. I don't want to be a total bitch to him or anything- that way I can honestly say, hey, I handled this the way an adult should.
My main goal is to get my point across that he hurt me so deeply. I want my words to be stuck in his head. 

Quoting HTMommy:

It might may you feel better just to let him know how you feel, even if he doesn't understand or respect it, as close as it sounds like you were, you may need to get it off your chest to him regardless

Quoting ACDC_fan:

yes!! thank you lol <3

Quoting HTMommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Maybe the problems you. 

If there's a problem with everyone around you in your family and the comnon factors YOU, maybe YOU are the problem. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)