Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

WHAT?!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
So, my nine month old has to go back to the doctor on the 26th to have some blood work done because his pedi says he isn't gaining weight like he should be...and the hubby is refusing to go. He says he doesn't want to sit around the doctor's office all day again. So, yeah, I'm pretty mad. It's not like I wanna have to sit around waiting for them to take and test his blood. So now, his FIL is going to have to go with me cause there is no way I'm driving half an hour to where his dr office is by myself. The traffic in the area we have to go is crazy heavy. Now, I wouldn't be mad if hubby had a legitimate reason for not going... like he is sick or something along that nature. But not going for the simple reason of just not wanting to go? that is bull. Hubby says he can just find out if something is wrong with his own flesh and blood when we get home. I almost smacked him for that.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saralovely129
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Correction : you SHOULD have smacked him for that lol. 

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM

On one hand, I can kinda understand why...because we ended up spending 3 hrs at his dr appt yesterday and  blood tests will probably end up taking even longer. But on the other hand, maybe if he hadn't stayed up all night playing his stupid video game, he wouldn't have been so blasted tired. It was mainly his casual attitude about it. "Oh, my son has to have blood work to make sure there is nothing wrong with him? Meh. I think I'll just stay home and sleep/play my video game." not his exact words but it was the impression I got. >.>

Quoting saralovely129:

Correction : you SHOULD have smacked him for that lol. 

CafeMom Tickers
Snakecharm
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell him he can nap in the waiting room.

I took my baby to the doctor THREE times this week... Sometimes you've gotta suck it up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM

That's what I said. Hubby is an impatient person and HATES waiting....for anything.

Quoting Snakecharm:

Tell him he can nap in the waiting room.

I took my baby to the doctor THREE times this week... Sometimes you've gotta suck it up.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I can understand why you would want him there, honestly I do. There has been plenty of times I wanted someone to sit in the waiting room with me at the numerous hospital visits and doctors visits. My son was born with a disease that required a lot of testing, bloodwork, doctors, hospital visits. We're very fortunate he's been fairly healthy lately. As a single parent though, I did what I had to do. DH has wanted to go with me but often times I say no now. We have been together 10 years and he's only gone with me once to sit in the waiting room with me. I got use to doing it alone and came to a point where I actually enjoyed it. Sorry your husband is being a jerk about this though. That is his child too.

saralovely129
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:48 AM

As long as you guys work it out I mean life is too short to be upset at someone you love for something that's easily resolved!  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Does he work?  If he had to work , most men can't afford to take off.  I took all FIVE of our children and all a little over one year apart too. We own our own business, (new) and DH had to work, and we needed the money.  I drove 55 minutes each way in Houston. That traffic horrific. And i hate freeways but did it on feeder roads. I don't understand why women have to have their husbands their holding their hands.. now if its a emergency well sure he should go. But childrens DR appointments. I dont ever recall seeing fathers,only mothers.            Oh, I forgot  that's when MEN worked. Men these days are lazy asses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:18 AM

it takes ALL day just for a blood test?? what is wrong with the lab that it takes them that long? Can't you just go to a lab drawing station and get it done there?  

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

it takes ALL day just for a blood test?? what is wrong with the lab that it takes them that long? Can't you just go to a lab drawing station and get it done there?  

Well, I don't know if it will take all day. The last time Elliot had to have blood, when he was 2 weeks old and jaundice, we were sent over to the hospital and that did take forever. They ended up having to admit him for two days. But this time, we're going to an actual dr office so I'm not sure if they will be able to test the blood AT the office or have to send it over to the hospital to have it tested. I guess we shall wait and see.
CafeMom Tickers
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

That's part of the job.You do things you hate for the benefit of your kid. I'm sorry he's acting like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)