Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

5 year old lost 15 lbs in 3 months...

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 41 Replies

I feel that is a pretty substantial amount of weight for a child to loose!! But, according to the legal system, he just returned our child back to a healthy weight. No harm done.

!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I don't think he feeds them properly and that this is only going to get WORSE! Why not stop the problem before it happens??

Stupid wanna be lawyer said I should Thank dad for helping out.

Thank my ass, he doesn't diserve that.

My hands are pretty much tied because i'm the 'other' parent. I only get visitation.. This labels me as a bad mom. Come on, I know you thought it. :(

Yea. Still pissed at the legal system too.. GRR!!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I'm sorry
LilliesValley
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Umm what did this five year old weigh beforehand? My six year old weighs fifty pounds wet so losing thirty would be a serious issue. For a lawyer to say no big deal makes me think we need more info here or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I did not think anything, I try not to put people in little boxes and have no idea what your story is. I really don't know about weight loss with kids, it does sound extreme, how'd he do it? Was he guided by a pediatrician?
PriddyGurl
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
68 to 55 and dropping. She is taller than her peers and imo could probably get confused with a first or second grader.. I'm just concerned and honestly don't believe he's taking proper care of our children.
PriddyGurl
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM
He says that they started getting more active and changed their diet. No fast food, cleaner meals. Great. Awesome. I love that.

However, on multiple occasions when I ask the kids about what they had to eat, more often than not they hadnt eaten since breakfast or hadn't eaten at all.. ( I generally pick them up around 3 or 6 pm)

Quoting kerryket:

I did not think anything, I try not to put people in little boxes and have no idea what your story is. I really don't know about weight loss with kids, it does sound extreme, how'd he do it? Was he guided by a pediatrician?

psych_mom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Seriously, I do not think that. You need to keep a record of this and if it gets worse call child protective services.

littlesippycup
by iloveanons on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I'm really sorry =( 

catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Not enough info.  I'm sorry the situation is frustrating to you.

PriddyGurl
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I wrote to CPS just to ask questions about things and haven't received a response.

Right now I understand that shes not dangerously underweight but if things don't change she will be.

I just do what I can and make sure the have plenty of healthy options when they are in my care.

I think the thing that got me all upset was when my give year old said that she needed to be skinny or people wouldn't like her. Image issues at 5???
PriddyGurl
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM

What else would you like to know?

Quoting catrig:

Not enough info.  I'm sorry the situation is frustrating to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN