Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pains..

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM
  • 4 Replies

Had a bad night tonight. About two years ago I got into a car accident and got two herniated discs in my back and neck. I got help for it in the begining, then there was a long period of time where I was getting no help. Im in constant pain and/or discomfort.

A few months ago I finally went back to see my old doctor. I started having issues with my siatic nerve and it was getting to the point where I couldnt even get out of bed in the morning. Im a single mom and I cant have that. The doctor put my on 5mg oxycodones with tylenol. They didnt make the pain completely stop but it made it manageable. I felt like my old self. I could actually play with my son, clean the house. Ive also gotten several nerve blocks that have failed to help me.

I guess because Ive been taking it for so long my body started to get immune. I started having to take one and a half, sometimes even close to two, of the pills about every 8 hours. But because I have to take more I run out before my refill. My refill isnt until Thursday and Im out. 

I started off the day fine, I forced myself to ignore it. As the day went on though it slowly got worse and worse. By night I was a complete mess. So uncomfortable and achey. Everything felt like a challenge. I felt so bad for turning my son down every time he asked me to play. Hes three so he doesnt understand my problem. I feel so helpless, so hopeless. I guess I got spoiled by this medicine and actually feeling normal again.

I go in to the doctor tomorrow. When she first gave me the script she told me she wouldnt give me anything higher then a five mg. Im "too young". Im 25 and apparently not too young to feel this bloody pain. Damn the junkies that make it harder for people who actually need it. I dont abuse them. They dont do anything for me but make the pain go away.

It just makes me so angry! Angry that Ill be in this pain for the rest of my life. Angry that Ill never feel normal. Angry that theres nothing I can do to change it...

Dont really have anyone I can vent to about it. Unless your in constant pain its impossible to understand the effects it has on your body and your life. I feel like everyone just thinks Im exagerating. I wish I was. Id give anything to actually be exagerating.   

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Journeysmama11
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I'm so sorry! Is there anyway to get physical therapy or theraputic massage to help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope you read this before your Dr appointment...Ive has toooooo many back surgeries..ASK your DR to send you for a test called "Discogram"  I couldnt walk at all My MRI's 15 different ones over 25+ yrs showed No damage except herniated disks I've tried everything too. Severe Pain15+   dr wrote after that test...This New test  out 35 years now called a discogram will show the damage to your back I promise if its there they will find it...So the MRI which said No problems...I had 9 surgeries my entire spine was collapsing the disks were dead gone black, the bone was rubbing, crushing my nerves and caused neuropathy because NO one found the problems, years ago....So please ask for that test and then they can treat you for your injuries...the right way.

emma_amelia
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Ive tried physical therapy. I did it for a few months after my accident. It helped a little bit. Subdued the pain for a little bit, but it always came back. 

catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Ouch!  Sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)