• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenagers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Here's the issue...my son has/had a close female friend. She made it clear to everyone they both know, myself included that she had a crush on my son. She also told him she wanted to go to their senior prom but wanted him to ask in a big way. He does, spends a fortune, etc. Then a few weeks ago he asked her out in an amazing way (wish someone filmed it). So she wouldn't say yes or no. Big red flag right? Come to find out she has been seeing one of his closest friends the whole time. I told him to blow her off and not waste even more money taking her to prom. His buddies are going stag, go with them. She has also posted very hateful things on fb about the situation. Personally, I think he should have some self respect and walked away from her. Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Teens can be so fickle, too bad it had to turn out that way, I hope he can leave her in his dust and have a great time with his friends. What's up with her facebook status? Sounds like someone to steer clear from, better to know now than much later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Sadly she is also one of my employees. So now I have to deal with her and I know what a trouble maker teenage girls can be. She has been posting things in regards to my son that are just out right hateful. She seems to think the world should bow down to her. I told my son to not waste his time. Unfortunately this is the first girl he has had feelings for and she has really played him. It is incredibly hard to not respond to her crap.
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Wow. She is horrible. I hope your son can see that how she treated him has everything to do with her bitchiness and nothing to do with him. And that not every girl is a self-centred psycho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PriddyGurl
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM
You live, you learn. As much as we want to protect them... I have to say, I'm not looking forward to the teenage years, I remember how mine went... >.
AleaKat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes learning from your mistakes sucks.
He'll figure it put eventually and it'll make h a better man for having to go through it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM

That sucks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)