Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY is this okay?!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why do  people think they can tell YOU what to do with your social media outlets? If you don't like it DELETE ME! Or if you don't agree with me DELETE ME! I don't get how people think they can control others social networking. It pisses me off to no end! 

I finally deleted my Facebook today after almost a year of my family telling me I "wasn't allowed to." Uhm. I'm 30! I can do as I please. Especially with my social networking. 

I see it all over the place though and it drives me up a wall. 

What do you think?! 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glitchtastic
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Shameless bumping 

Miss-B
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PriddyGurl
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Considering the fact that companies will look at your social networking sites and make considerations toward your employment based on what you do in your private time, it's important to watch what is posted on such a public forum.

When it comes to people telling you what you can and can't post, it's none of thier damn business..

What were you posting that riled them up so fierce?

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Why didn't you just block them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Glitchtastic
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Other than my family telling I couldn't,shouldn't or wasn't allowed to delete my Facebook nothing. My Aunt takes a lashing though for being a foaming at the mouth liberal and atheist. Still not others place to say what you can or cannot ppst about. There is a delete feature for a reason. Ya know?

Quoting PriddyGurl:

Considering the fact that companies will look at your social networking sites and make considerations toward your employment based on what you do in your private time, it's important to watch what is posted on such a public forum.

When it comes to people telling you what you can and can't post, it's none of thier damn business..

What were you posting that riled them up so fierce?

PriddyGurl
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Yea, facebook is yesterday's news. I hear Myspace is making a come back.

LetoLiebe
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I agree with you 100%!! My cousin had this problem. Her adult kids kept citisizing her fb post and interactions, and beleive me, there wasn't even anything on there that they should have been upset about. I thought it was BS. Unless it's illegal or goes against the site's policy and the member signed off on the terms of agreement, I don't think any one should be policing any ones social networking activity out side the admin staff of the site who are paid to do so. Adults are old enough to understand that what they post is something they are responable for, so...and yeah people should restrict or delete people they don't want to associate social media stuff with if they want to, family or not.

Glitchtastic
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Because I wanted to delete the whole thing and did. But it was more of a broad observation in general kinda thing.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Why didn't you just block them?
psych_mom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Eh, I only really use FB for business purposes anymore.

LetoLiebe
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yes..I try to get in to it but I have'nt been in years. It has become so annoying to me...I twitter sometimes, but not often, I like devaintART a lot, it's cool becuase the set up is image orented (for atist of all sorts) but also very user friendly when it comes to socially interacting with the other members. I have though about checking out Myspace to see what's up with it now that it has been bought out and being tweeked. 

Quoting PriddyGurl:

Yea, facebook is yesterday's news. I hear Myspace is making a come back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)