Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking know it all b**** (long)

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

In all the crap of trying to get my Son enrolled in school here (he left a school in Ohio to move back to NC), the school locally has been ignoring my calls (I assume since they won't call me back). I went over their heads a bit and contacted a school board member who was so sweet and told me how to do it without involving the school. His past school is being impossible though. The know it all bitch I had to deal with at the old school was informing me he has to be in public school or an approved homeschool cirriculm for them to accept it.

He isn't withdrawn until his records are requested and they decided to count him truant at 5 days. He doesn't even live in that State anymore. OMG the friggin tone she took with me I wanted to smack her in the mouth. Now I remember why I moved and haven't been back to that hellhole. I told her where we were in enrollment, and she said if they don't immediately request his records they are filing charges in court. Oh and this was the first call I had gotten from them...threats.

Such a nice way to make an impression on me. I am one piece of information short for enrolling him (which is being taken care of today). a big thank you to the lady on the school board who helped me and was kind in doing so. A bit fuck you to the bitch at the old school who thinks she controlls everything in every State and that all the rules are the same in each State. I'll stay down here where people have a bit more respect and less attitude in their speech.

Mentioned enrolling him in online school as a last resort, and she went off. "well that takes forever, and it isn't worth it". She put me in mind of Cartman screaming "respect my authority".  Oh and in the voiceail I have fro her she claimed to be the principal...she is an office assistant. It normally takes a lot to get on my nerves, and she did it in under 5 minutes.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this

The public school office assistant is a power hungry know-it-all.  Shocking.  I think that type of personality is a job requirement ;)  You are not alone being frustrated with the stupidity of the public schools and their blind adherence to policies.  No independent thought or problem solving allowed!!!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM

LOL ain't that the truth! My boy has been in trouble at school more than once for having a mind of his own too. I love my Son <3 he can think for himself!

Quoting anotherhalf:

The public school office assistant is a power hungry know-it-all.  Shocking.  I think that type of personality is a job requirement ;)  You are not alone being frustrated with the stupidity of the public schools and their blind adherence to policies.  No independent thought or problem solving allowed!!!

MamaFrankie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I'm having the same issues moving to florida from jersey except it's the NEW school in florida that wont work with us. my son has autism and his on a "Waiting list" for the fucking public schools and was told they can do that because prek isn't mandatory in florida for special needs kids!!

catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM

That would be annoying.  We are enrolling our daughter in online school next year because her school has no idea how to handle her.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Oh yikes I wish you luck. I hate the differences between States sometimes.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

I'm having the same issues moving to florida from jersey except it's the NEW school in florida that wont work with us. my son has autism and his on a "Waiting list" for the fucking public schools and was told they can do that because prek isn't mandatory in florida for special needs kids!!

PhoenixV
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
how do you sign up for online school?
Quoting catrig:

That would be annoying.  We are enrolling our daughter in online school next year because her school has no idea how to handle her.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM

My Son did online school for 6th grade. It was great. He has even told me he wouldn't mind going back to it. He wants to try the public school here because they offer so much. Now I wonder what they would do if he were 16 and had decided to quit when he moved here (you can quit at 16 in NC but not till 18 in Ohio).

His base school was supposed to call me back and set up an appointment to enroll him. I have been calling the guidence counselor there daily trying to get her to call me back. The school in Ohio is threatening to file Truency with the State and get my Brother into trouble (much as I dislike my Brother I can't let him be in trouble over this). She kept spouting off that if they don't immediately ask for his records fro them that they are filing with the State. I can't control what the school does.

At least my Son got a good laugh when I let him hear the voicemail where she claimed to be principal.

Quoting catrig:

PhoenixV
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I would be mad too. With my daughter they did not want her to start school yet, because the year had already started and they didn't think she could handle it. It took at least a month of calling back and forth before I decided to just take her in. I told them test her if you don't think she will be able to handle it, or we are going to the school board. They signed her up that day. 

The schools are just ridiculous. They have the state of mind that everything they do is right, so they are unwilling to listen to other people.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM

It really feels like parents aren't allowed to parent anymore.

Quoting PhoenixV:

I would be mad too. With my daughter they did not want her to start school yet, because the year had already started and they didn't think she could handle it. It took at least a month of calling back and forth before I decided to just take her in. I told them test her if you don't think she will be able to handle it, or we are going to the school board. They signed her up that day. 

The schools are just ridiculous. They have the state of mind that everything they do is right, so they are unwilling to listen to other people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)