Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEW MOMMY NERVOUSNESS

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Aubry Im 19 yrs old and I am 20 wks pregnant with my first child...ITS A GIRL!!! I am still together with my boyfriend he is so supportive. However I am so nervous about being a new mommy..Ive had experience with babies before..My fears are becoming like my parents, being a bad mom, if Ill hold the baby right and just being a parent in general... My boyfriend tells everyone else that he is scared but when I ask him he tells me he isn;t and Ive even confronted him on it over a dozen times...I would just like to know that Im not the only one that is scared...How do I get him to express his feelings about becoming a new parent.. he also doesn't talk about the pregnancy alot...any suggestions or has anyone gone through this with their significant others?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM

those new mom nerves, result, from feeling inadequate, around those you feel might judge you, or study your abilites as a parent. for exaple, hospital staff, might want to see how you can handle taking care of a babies basic needs in the hospital. and they will write down, if you can/or can't take care of your baby.

lilmama299
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM

It is so normal to feel new mom nerves Istill get that feeling of being inadequate when my son is two and my daughter is five months old it will get better I promise.

emarin77
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I was scared too in the beginning to care for the baby because of my physical disability.  I thought I would not be strong enough to hold the baby and get him into his crib.  After having some lessons from my husband I was realising that maby I could do this.  My son's crib/change table was modified for me.  After a week of doing it on my own I was like, this is easy. 

Have your boyfriend write about his fears in a journal, notebook. Maybe he can discuss his fears with your doctor. 

kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I think it's normal to be nervous, I was with my first, come to think of it, every one of my pregnancies came with some worry. He probably has some of the same fears as you, a lot of guys don't want to admit to their SO thay they're afraid. Maybe you should tell him the way you said it here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)