• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The final result...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

I tripped and fell, so today I had to go see my ortho, after another set of X-rays..he tells me, I chipped my ankle, a hairline crack on the top of my foot and a small rip in my ligament. So I am in the nice boot for eight weeks..hope the eight weeks go by fast!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Ugh! Hope it isn't as bad as it sounds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Ouch, hope you heal up fast!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Oh man!! Been there done that! I was walking down the stairs to get my kids up for school one morning. There wasn't anything on the stair--I just stepped down, and crunch and pain!! I sat down, and covered my mouth with both hands to keep from screaming out in pain!! My mom took me to the Dr. and she touched my ankle and it hurt like HELL!! She then sent me to the Orthopedic Surgeon. He was a JERK! He said, "What did you do? Get drunk and fall down and break your ankle?" Then he LAUGHED at me!! My mom and I sat there in disbelief!! I went home, and called that IDIOT Drs. boss, and told her what he said to me!! She said that my complaint was so bad, that she was sending my complaint to the boss that is over her and this IDIOT Dr. I needed to go back to get my ankle x-rayed again. I decided to go back to the same Dr. to see if he learned his lesson after being written up and chewed out big time by his boss. He was very nice to me the next visit! Thankfully, my ankle did not need surgery! Just wore the plastic walking cast for several weeks, and now all is well again!!

Hope you heal quickly OP!!

Ayshren
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Aww I hope you heal fast!
psych_mom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM

That looks and sounds painful :( Hope the 8 weeks go by fast for you.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Ew that sucks.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Ouch hope that heals fast...spend some time with us.

dallascowboys82
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I was going down the stairs and my son left his shoes on the stairs and I didn't see them

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh man!! Been there done that! I was walking down the stairs to get my kids up for school one morning. There wasn't anything on the stair--I just stepped down, and crunch and pain!! I sat down, and covered my mouth with both hands to keep from screaming out in pain!! My mom took me to the Dr. and she touched my ankle and it hurt like HELL!! She then sent me to the Orthopedic Surgeon. He was a JERK! He said, "What did you do? Get drunk and fall down and break your ankle?" Then he LAUGHED at me!! My mom and I sat there in disbelief!! I went home, and called that IDIOT Drs. boss, and told her what he said to me!! She said that my complaint was so bad, that she was sending my complaint to the boss that is over her and this IDIOT Dr. I needed to go back to get my ankle x-rayed again. I decided to go back to the same Dr. to see if he learned his lesson after being written up and chewed out big time by his boss. He was very nice to me the next visit! Thankfully, my ankle did not need surgery! Just wore the plastic walking cast for several weeks, and now all is well again!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM

OH MAN!! I am so sorry!!! We have ALWAYS had a rule that NOTHING belongs on the stairs period! If I find anything on the stairs, it will be confiscated and returned to the owner after a long lecture and when I decide they have been without the item long enough! Thankfully, my kids learned real quick not to leave stuff on the stairs! LOL!! LOL!!

Quoting dallascowboys82:

I was going down the stairs and my son left his shoes on the stairs and I didn't see them

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)