Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Hospitals have the right to ban pictures/video footage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Hospitals have the right to ban a parent/s from taking pictures/video footage of their child/ren in hospital. If you or your child need the services, of a hospital/s. then a hospital/s have the right to service the needs of your child, and yourself without the need for you to film/take pictures on their premises.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:13 AM
what is this in regards to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:17 AM

No they do not.  The hospital works for me.  I pay them, just as I pay the contractor to fix my roof, and they do own my children.  If I want to take pictures or videos of them, I damn well will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:48 AM
My local hospital delivery room only allowed video until you push and that's it because of liability. I agree it's bs
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM

This is nothing new. 

We couldnt take pics 22 years ago when my youngest was born.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:54 AM

My hospital has never had an issue with it.  I think it depends on your OB. 

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Frankly, I did not want videos of my labor and delivery.  Not a problem for me.

Christy1919
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Buisnesses have rules many hospitals have this rule for liability purposes should something go wrong film would expose what took place. Just because you pay for a service doesn't mean you get to define all the terms.

Quoting kailu1835:

No they do not.  The hospital works for me.  I pay them, just as I pay the contractor to fix my roof, and they do own my children.  If I want to take pictures or videos of them, I damn well will.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I think the hospital has every right to have that policy. If the parent doesn't like it she can give birth somewhere else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM

This is so when they make a mistake the proof is not on camera.  I'd be looking for another hospital if one screws up so much this is their policy.

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I realize they wouldn't want malpractice to be proven, but I don't give a shit. My kid, not theirs. The only reason they have to refuse to allow videotaping or pictures is so that nobody can prove if they've done something wrong. When I hire a contractor to repace my roof, I choose the style, the color etc. It's still my house, and no matter how much control the contractor thinks he has, I can fire him if I feel that he is not doing it the way I want it to be done.
Quoting Christy1919:

Buisnesses have rules many hospitals have this rule for liability purposes should something go wrong film would expose what took place. Just because you pay for a service doesn't mean you get to define all the terms.

Quoting kailu1835:

babiesbabybaby development

Hi!  My name is Jenn!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)