Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

QUIT WHINING!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 92 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am at my breaking point with my husband. He whines all the freaking time anymore. His knees hurt, his back hurts, this person won't do this and it's driving me nuts. For the last week it's been his knee and I want to tell him that if he hadn't played football in high school then his knees wouldn't hurt today. Sometimes he uses this pain to get sympathy from his boss to get sent home. He sent me a text not long ago that said that his bosses want him to go home and that I should be proud of him for saying no. Um no. Just no.

I hurt all of the effing time, but I'm not trying to leave work early. All I want is for him to suck it up. 

ETA: To the people who keep responding to this. This was over a week ago. I was stressed, in a lot of pain myself, and very frustrated. This was to vent so that I didn't look at him and say things that didn't mean. If you think I'm horrible or self centered okay that is your opinion of one vent that I have made in this forum. You don't know him, myself, or what our marriage is like. This week his knee and back are feeling better, but now his stomach is bothering him and he keeps running a fever (so he says).

He is also going to start taking a supplement to help with his joints. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Eh, I hurt in my shoulders, knees and back and I haven't said anything to anyone all day, lol. It is part of life, we get older, our bodies ache, it is what it is.

mattiehatter
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

My point exactly. The other day it was a constant text after text that his knee hurt. I told him that he was really whiney. I got home and he was really butt hurt about it.

Quoting psych_mom:

Eh, I hurt in my shoulders, knees and back and I haven't said anything to anyone all day, lol. It is part of life, we get older, our bodies ache, it is what it is.

mommysangelface
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I don't wanna stop whining.

I just had surgery and it HURTS!!!!!

Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Mobile Photo

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Mobile Photo

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy him a huge bottle of Aleve, lol.

Quoting mattiehatter:

My point exactly. The other day it was a constant text after text that his knee hurt. I told him that he was really whiney. I got home and he was really butt hurt about it.

Quoting psych_mom:

mattiehatter
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM

He doesn't take meds correctly and they end up not working as they are supposed to. He will take too much at once and his body adapts to it quickly. He actually made himself really sick with one of them due to poor use.

Quoting psych_mom:

Buy him a huge bottle of Aleve, lol.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Quoting psych_mom:

mattiehatter
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Post surgery is totally understandable. He had surgery on his knee almost 20 years ago.

Quoting mommysangelface:

I don't wanna stop whining.

I just had surgery and it HURTS!!!!!

Lol

newlife2013
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Good luck when they have pain or a cold, you have to look up at the sky and say this whining will end...one day, stay strong.
mattiehatter
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Lol anymore I call him on it every once in awhile. If I don't I'll kill him.

Quoting newlife2013:

Good luck when they have pain or a cold, you have to look up at the sky and say this whining will end...one day, stay strong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN