Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

DH's suck up boss...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Well, ex boss. DH had a decent job managing a store in town, had a good team and lots of people loved his store because its customer service was great. Well the first boss was awesome and supportive but, due to heart surgery he had to retire. He had to bring in a new guy that the regional manager just adored. He tried to get this MORON to see that things were fine as they were.

Turns out that when this guy took over he has been systematically firing everyone he can that the old boss liked so he could staff them with asskissers who were all about profit and had no problem lying to get sales. DH gets fired because he refuses to lie. Well now we are stuck looking at having to move back in with my in-laws because we are broke and they are more than willing to have him, me, and our 8 month old DD (shes the first and likely only grandchild) here. We've filed for assistance and were denied food stamps and are in limbo with housing and utilities assistance as well as being in limbo on jobs he was interviewed for.

Just want to scream because this suck up WHO IS ONLY WITH THE COMPANY FOR A YEAR is tearing a once profitable district up to fill with asskissers and will lose business as this district is along the lines of you treat one customer bad, you lose 10. Just so angry.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Have DH appeal for unemployment...He could win. MyDD did. they promised my DD a promotion and New boss came in and instead of giving my DD the position the new boss hired her two friends and gave them Dd's job....She asked for christmas off 3 months in advance and was told yes, she had been at that company the longest and when Dec came they told her she was to work christmas eve and day and gave the 2 friends (new ladies )christmas off..DD walked out and was fired and then denied unemployment, then we appealed and she won hands down...TRY IT!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM
He got unemployment but it isn't enough to pay rent and bills and get food, diapers, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have DH appeal for unemployment...He could win. MyDD did. they promised my DD a promotion and New boss came in and instead of giving my DD the position the new boss hired her two friends and gave them Dd's job....She asked for christmas off 3 months in advance and was told yes, she had been at that company the longest and when Dec came they told her she was to work christmas eve and day and gave the 2 friends (new ladies )christmas off..DD walked out and was fired and then denied unemployment, then we appealed and she won hands down...TRY IT!!

opal10161973
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM

My BIL was an overnight stocker at Walmart, which is one of the only positions that doesn't pay minimum wage.  They got a new manager and he fired a bunch of people, so he could bring in his buddies.  Well, guess what?  My BIL got a better paying job as a manager at a lumber place and has been so much happier!  He used to hate his Walmart job and I never hear him say anything bad about this job. 

catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM

That's frustrating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN