Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I hate my vagina TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

Waa since I became a diabetic I seem to keep a damn yeast infection I take difulcan all the time. I hate it I want to do the wild thing with my man and bam there I have another one. I have tried taking the healthy flor and drinking kefir things only seem to help for a short time.  Oh the dr even said it is ok to douce with vinegar water sometimes to help keep the ph the right level. Nothing works damn it,

Can I get a new vagina? lol

any other home or dr remedies I can try?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM

For one, some of the things you are trying could be making it worse. Kefir actually cantains yeast and in some people these products can make them worse. What types of foods are you eating? I know that you said you were diagnosed with diabetes, but that doesn't mean you have cut out sugars and starchy foods and these can cause them to be worse as well. It could be that you are not getting rid of the actual yeast infection at all. Try using Monostat (I would go for the full 7 day on), cutting as much yeast out of your diet as well and eating yogurt that has good, living bacteria cultures in it. I know you want a home remedy, but sometimes you have to go with the real stuff and this would be worth a try in your case.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I agree. I do what the dr says I got so irriated from the otc inerts I had to go to the dr and have been for the past year she just looks at me like WTH next. The endocrine says my sugar levels are not high enough any more to cause the yeast but the gyno says any number can do it.

I do the kefir becuase yogurt makes it worse. I have my sugar really under control with diet. Iguess another call to the dr on monday,

I eat a really healthy diet with no breads and few starches take my meds like I am suppost, I keep my numbers below 110 most days. The damn chinese buffet is my killer once a month I crave it then I spike to 170.

Well back to the dr too bad they aren't open on sat and I really wanted to give dh some loving. lol

Quoting psych_mom:

For one, some of the things you are trying could be making it worse. Kefir actually cantains yeast and in some people these products can make them worse. What types of foods are you eating? I know that you said you were diagnosed with diabetes, but that doesn't mean you have cut out sugars and starchy foods and these can cause them to be worse as well. It could be that you are not getting rid of the actual yeast infection at all. Try using Monostat (I would go for the full 7 day on), cutting as much yeast out of your diet as well and eating yogurt that has good, living bacteria cultures in it. I know you want a home remedy, but sometimes you have to go with the real stuff and this would be worth a try in your case.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Not sure why yogurt would make it worse when it doesn't contain any yeast unless you are getting the kind that doesn't have living bacteria in it. You need to make sure it says that it is living bacteria, not that it just has bacteria.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. I do what the dr says I got so irriated from the otc inerts I had to go to the dr and have been for the past year she just looks at me like WTH next. The endocrine says my sugar levels are not high enough any more to cause the yeast but the gyno says any number can do it.

I do the kefir becuase yogurt makes it worse. I have my sugar really under control with diet. Iguess another call to the dr on monday,

I eat a really healthy diet with no breads and few starches take my meds like I am suppost, I keep my numbers below 110 most days. The damn chinese buffet is my killer once a month I crave it then I spike to 170.

Well back to the dr too bad they aren't open on sat and I really wanted to give dh some loving. lol

Quoting psych_mom:

Talienas
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:27 AM
4 moms liked this
Also your dh might be carrying bacteria himself so he might need a prescription too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CherrieFaeries
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Ask your doc if you can start taking acidophilus (sp?). You can buy it over the counter and it's supposed to help control the yeast you produce. Good vibes and thoughts send your way sweetie, I hope something works out for you soon.

blondieinva80
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
3 moms liked this

This...it's very possible it's not youi, but him. He also need to go to doctor and be checked.

Quoting Talienas:

Also your dh might be carrying bacteria himself so he might need a prescription too

0oSamanthaKayo0
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Yogurt will not make it worse.
psych_mom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM

This wouldn't cause a yeast infection though. Yeast is not a bacteria or a virus it is fungus and has to be treated differently.

Quoting Talienas:

TexaBamaBaby
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM
My mom had to rinse with a wet washcloth or peri bottle every time she urinated (because of the sugar in the urine itself) until her sugar was under control or she'd get one yeast infection after another. Maybe that would help a little?
Talienas
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok well men carry the fungus too and if she is reacting after intimacy it could be why

Quoting psych_mom:

This wouldn't cause a yeast infection though. Yeast is not a bacteria or a virus it is fungus and has to be treated differently.

Quoting Talienas:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN