Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Want to share but can't (not a vent)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

This is the only place I can post annonymously that I belong to and I just have to tell somebody but I don't believe in sharing financials under my name online.

For the past year I've been struggling to pay off our credit card.  Not paying intrest because I was paying the full amount each month but it was like I had to put $300 for the next month on the card to pay the $300 off for that month.  Terrible cycle!

I'm very proud to say this billing cycle is coming to an end and I have $0 on the credit card for next month!  This was an expensive month too because I had to buy clothes and our water bill came in this month.  

I'm so relieved to be out of that cycle!

And we have still be contributing to our savings.  We just hit our goal we set for ourselves when we married 12 years ago!  We have over 6 months of salary in savings now and that is such a relief!

So yeah, it's not a vent but I didn't want to post all of this under my screen name.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:52 AM

it's nice to not have any debts. I pay mine every month in full IF i use them. I save as much as I can and only buy necessary things. I do treat myself once in a while. We're lucky, most have no savings. I learned a long time ago and stick to it. I just pretend I have No savings its easy.  Congrats!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I'm that too. It was taxes last year that got us in this hole. We ended up paying $800 and it took forever to catch up after that!

Quoting Anonymous:

it's nice to not have any debts. I pay mine every month in full IF i use them. I save as much as I can and only buy necessary things. I do treat myself once in a while. We're lucky, most have no savings. I learned a long time ago and stick to it. I just pretend I have No savings its easy.  Congrats!

catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)