Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wants a pet lizard

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 8 Replies

My brother wants to buy my kids a pet - a lizard of all things

My son won't get out of the bathtub and my 4 mnth old daughter chews on anything she can grab. I don't need pets, i already havea fish and a puppy OBVIOUSLY LOL

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Just tell him no then...I will say though lizards are very low maintenace pets depending on the kind you get. I had a Mali Uromastyx for about 3 years and All I really had to do was scoop her sand about once a week, throw some fresh leafy greens, dandilions, or clovers in her cage once a day, and keep her bulbs fresh in her heat lights. The only reason we lost her is we were away for work and had a cold front come through and the person we had looking over our house didn't turn the heat on even though we asked and she got too cold.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I don't know much about them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, guess I'd better start learning, my daughter brought in a gecko egg and the little sucker just hatched. It's cute:)
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Daww I wanna see

Quoting kerryket:

Wow, guess I'd better start learning, my daughter brought in a gecko egg and the little sucker just hatched. It's cute:)

kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll get a pic in the a.m.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Daww I wanna see

Quoting kerryket:

kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Gecko hatchling, my daughter brought the egg in, it was in a little container with a sock, DH said it wasn't going to hatch, I looked in the sock and this little one was peering back at me, now he's in a temp house until we let him go.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM

She decided not to keep it, we may feed it and let it grow a bit so it doesn't get eaten by the bigger ones outside.

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Lizards are nice but they actually can take alot of care, they can be touchy with their needs and I don't blame you at all for not wanting one!  A puppy is already more work than you need, I'm sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)