Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I'm so annoyed at my friends right now.

Posted by   + Show Post

So I was at one of those mommy circle support group luncheon things today.

So a few of my "mommy" friends think that I'm just outdated, old fashioned, and well to say it in their terms "Jess you're just a nut. Absolutely crazy." or the "You just make me laugh. You're so silly."

Okay so pardon me if I think EVERYONE should learn Latin in at least starting Jr. High. Latin is not a dead language! We use it every single day. You know, that mammogram we ladies need. Yup Latin. Or how about a hysterectomy that a lot of women have to have when they get older. We ALL know these terms, they're Latin. And let's skip from the medical terms for a moment just to avoid the argument that it's only doctors. So yeah, you know that "-ology" class that we all took at one time or another. You know, the "Biology" or the "Psychology" class. Hey! Looky there, Latin too!

These languages translate verbally world wide! I mean

Spanish and Portuguese "Biologia" "Mamographia"

French and German "Biologie" "Mammographie"

Russian... "biologiya" "mammographiya"

<.< Not hard to tell it's Biology and mammogram

I mean do people realize how much Latin we use on a day to day basis, and that if we learned this in schools along side English that come high school when kids need to start learning a foreign language, it'd be so much easier than it currently is!?!

Ah it makes me want to rip my hair out!

And classical music. Is it so odd that I think it should be taught to every child? I mean, there is so much proof showing how classical music actually improves test scores in students. That music actually physically affects our brain waves. I mean many studies have been done on plants even showing differences in growth. I mean we don't play heavy metal and rap or pop music to put a kid down for a nice calming peaceful nap, so why would we want our kids growing up listening to these things while they're at school or home studying?!?

I just don't understand how the general population can't see the logical common sense of it all!

I get the whole individual "I like what I like." mentality. I like all kinds of music. Do I want classical music playing while I'm at home, chillin', and cleaning my house: No. But do I play it when I am studying or needing to relax at the end of the day: Yes. Is my son enrolled and taking classical music: Yes. Am I going to stop him from learning to play the guitar or drums later on if he wants to: No.

And why in the hell do we have co-ed schools?!?

We all know that girls and boys learn differently. We know this, we know this, we know this. OMG do we know this. Mom's we say it all the time. "Boy's are more active." "Boy's are more hands on." when a girl rolls around rough housing in the mud we don't laugh it off saying "Girls will be girls." but we do for boys. So why has it become common practice for use to teach them all together? We have studies proving that girls educationally mature faster than boys.

Wouldn't be beneficial to both girls and boys if they can go to school, connect with like minded peers, and not have to worry about "impressing" the opposite gender.  Research Link

It's not a sexist thing, it's not an equality thing. IT'S AVOIDING COOKIE CUTTER THOUGHT PATTERNS!

I can not see how the world is advancing so far ahead but we've just become lazier in our ability to think beyond what is taught to us. We think "Oh this would be nice, but budget cuts." there's ways to have your cake and eat it too! It's called baking one for the future while eating the current one!

*seeths*

NOTE THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON CM MOMS.

It's just me ranting and raving about socio psychological behaviors that are not necessarily beneficial for society as a whole and how for some reason the mass general population is okay with them.

I understand that there are moms out there fighting this fight with me in ways such as pulling their kids from "cookie cutter schools" and placing them into different learning institutions and/or home schooling them.

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
AleaKat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Already there! Lol

Quoting MamaAjax:

hugsI'll be your friend and you can be annoyed at me!

Quoting AleaKat:

Wish I had friends here to be annoyed at. Lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaAjax
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Hehehe. Good!

Wait... o.O I dunno if this is a good thing or a bad thing. big smile mini

Quoting AleaKat:

Already there! Lol

Quoting MamaAjax:

hugsI'll be your friend and you can be annoyed at me!

Quoting AleaKat:

Wish I had friends here to be annoyed at. Lol

opal10161973
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

The reason is because they are so fricken busy teaching to the test.  I hate the tests.  They should just be banned.

ACDC_fan
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM

so...this post mentioned friend comments for like 3 sentences, then it was just a rant of personal opinions. which is fine, the title was just very misleading lol.

MamaAjax
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Well...I did the title first and the rant of personal opinions is what lead me being annoyed at my friends. We were talking about socio psychological behaviors in education and how they affect our lives and how we raise our kids. These were some of the points I brought up. Just had to vent it all out, and really it didn't come out as coherent as I would have liked it mainly because it was super late at night (or early in the morning, however you want to look at it.). Coherent rant or not still I feel better after airing it all out. Somethings I can't vent to DH because his response would be more to defend me and call them stupid, which just tends to annoy me more.

Quoting ACDC_fan:

so...this post mentioned friend comments for like 3 sentences, then it was just a rant of personal opinions. which is fine, the title was just very misleading lol.

PriddyGurl
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM

A lot of people tend to start looking at me cross-eyed when I go on about statistics and evidence to support my reasoning. It seems that these days a simple "because I said so" is good enough. :(

MamaAjax
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I know, it's just getting... sadsurrender

A lot of people tend to start looking at me cross-eyed when I go on about statistics and evidence to support my reasoning. It seems that these days a simple "because I said so" is good enough. :(

RaniNY
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you a hundred percent, OP, but have learned to keep my opinions to myself. Without going into details, but my same-gender educated dd knows all these things and is closing in on a six-figure income at the age of 29. I also believe in lots of reading and other things. I think my results speak for themselves. Also, if people haven't learned those things, they may not be in a position to appreciate your point. I was also educated like that and am working on mastering my fourth language, as a hobby. Let them think what they want. You know what you know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM

No we say kids will be kids.

rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM

This world would be a much better place if we all realized we each have our own opinions and thoughts on things and be respectful of that. Sorry you're being called a nut for what you believe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN