Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living with a man child!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
My dh and I own our own business we are very fortunate to take 4 months a year off we will go back to work full swing around the end of May - here's the problem.....
I'm doing all house cleaning (laundry dishes sweeping vacuum dusting windows bathrooms ect)
grocery shopping
I'm on 24/7 kid patrol
All outside work
All business relations and taking orders
All extended family relations - like birthday parties- dinner invites- church dinner dishes ect
Picking kids up from school
Making breakfast lunch and dinner
Feeding/watering dogs
Cleaning kennels
Mowing the yard
Taking trash out
Fertilized the lawn
Heck I even clean up the vehicles !!!

My dh takes out the house dog to potty....... That's it !!!!
Am I the only 1 who sees a problem with this??? I forced him to do a task yesterday & he bossed the kids around to do it and he never got off facebook !!! Yes the task got done but he never lifted a finger !!!
It's been like this a while but I feel like a slave instead of a wife !! I got so fed up yesterday I had to just leave the house for a few hours when I returned nothing had changed!! Yes the kids do more than my dh !!! I don't think it's right to ask more of them!

So frustrated right now :/ we have arguments daily over this and he says ill do it --- it never happens !!! Weeks go by and I do it - he acts like a child ( my kids do better than him)
Any advise for a lazy dh!?? So fed up
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I have no clue how I would handle that. o.O

AleaKat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Yikes!
Let it all go to hell.... He'll complain eventually and stuck his foot in his mouth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaAjax
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Start with the lawn. Just stop taking care of it. And if any one of your kids is old enough to do it, keep them busy. If he tells the ones that can do it, suddenly have an errand to run with them if you can. Every time he barks an order at the kids to do it after you asked, "suddenly" Need the kids help and keep them away from the task. Or if they have homework, put them to it. It might be bad parenting to maneuver the kids like that, but it will be worse in the long run if they see a one sided relationship where he's getting away with behaving like that and you just continue doing all the work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I've done that !! I think he could live in a disaster area and be ok with it!!! I can't stand a home not in order and I also have a little OCD (he knows this and uses it against me)

Quoting AleaKat:

Yikes!

Let it all go to hell.... He'll complain eventually and stuck his foot in his mouth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I have tried to do this it only turns into a major fight :/

Quoting MamaAjax:

Start with the lawn. Just stop taking care of it. And if any one of your kids is old enough to do it, keep them busy. If he tells the ones that can do it, suddenly have an errand to run with them if you can. Every time he barks an order at the kids to do it after you asked, "suddenly" Need the kids help and keep them away from the task. Or if they have homework, put them to it. It might be bad parenting to maneuver the kids like that, but it will be worse in the long run if they see a one sided relationship where he's getting away with behaving like that and you just continue doing all the work.

MamaAjax
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Oh damn honey. Any out of town family? Feign a family emergency, take the youngest of your kids and head out for a week or two!

Or hell, just scream one day you need a vacation and take one. Just hop in the car hit the road, leave anything he has access to like jointed credit cards back at home

Quoting Anonymous:

I have tried to do this it only turns into a major fight :/

Quoting MamaAjax:

mommysangelface
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

i do most of the stuff also. 

i am giving up fighting with him. its just quicker to do it myself

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Tell him how you feel.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixV
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM
It sounds like you've tried several things, based on your responses. So, now it might be time for something extreme if you want things to change. You said you get a long vacation, why don't you take a separate vacation from him. Leave him by himself, so that he has no choice but to take care of himself. At the very least he might notice a little of the stuff you do..
CotterpinDoozer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM

If it nearly always dissolves into a fight when you try and talk to him about it, then that to me makes it sound like he knows damn well he isn't pulling his weight. Honestly, if I were you everytime he told your kids to do something he should do simply say "No." If he gets pissed, let him. He doesn't get to pawn everything off because he's a lazy ass. Also, try and stop giving in, he will keep doing this if you cave in and do it. It seems like he knows if he holds off long enough either one of the kids or you will break down and do it. I understand you have some OCD tendencies, but seriously if you can help it, STOP doing it. Take care of yourself and your kids, let him fend for himself. Or as some others suggested, take your kids and just go on a vacation. Leave his sorry man-child ass at home. Or ship him off somewhere, that could be a good vacation too.

AV made by NiamhWitch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)