Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Am i wrong about this?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 19 Replies

We moved in to our new townhouse, a year ago,   met our neighboor's, everything is huncky dori! one of my neighboor's has a 4 year old he play's with my daughter who is 3, she was two when we moved. These neighboor's have been here since the construction on these home's 8 year's ago. They were the first couple of home buyer's. I have been great friend's with the mom, of the 4 year old. my neighboor to my left, put's a palm tree and build's a wall, with a fire pit. part of that wall and the palm tree is litterly in front of my living room window, blocking my view of the lake.It took us a year, to get our survey done, and sure enough, he is soooo on our property. We confronted him about  it, he said " I know, i'm your property i will remove the wall. We went to the HOA, they are taking care of it. Next think i hear, is the mom, who i thought was " NOT GETTING INVOLVED"  telling me " YOU ARE SELLFISH, WE HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 8 YEAR'S, NO ONE HAS HAD ANY PROBLEM'S, YOU COME HERE TO START TROUBLE, YOUR PETTY AND IM MATURE FIGHTING FOR A TREE IN FRONT OF YOUR WINDOW,. SO WHAT IF HE'S ON YOUR PROPERTY? IT'S JUST A COUPLE OF FEET, ARE YOU PLANNING ON DOING SOMTHING WITH THAT SMALL AMOUNT OF SPACE? I DON'T WANT TO ASSOCIATE WITH SOMEONE LIKE U, YOUR CRAZY AND A TROUBLE MAKER. Mind u she is from Sao Paolo Brazil, were everything is for everyone, everything is for the community. And the guy, that is actually on my property,the HOA, is going to have him remove everthing in front of my window. AM I WRONG HERE?  WHY AM I FEELING SO HURT BY HER WORDS?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this

No you are not wrong. He even said "i knew it was on your property" and did it anyway. That was beyond disrespectful. And as for the mother, she is not in Brazil anymore. They placed something on your property that you do not want there and if you want it removed, so be it. 

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not wrong at all. Your neighbor was totally wrong to put things on your property.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not wrong. Take a couple feet of her property and see how she reacts (I gotta stop being evil...nahh).

catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:05 AM

You aren't wrong.

Ayshren
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:22 AM

No you arent wrong at all!

healingone
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

No, of course you're not wrong!!  And you're feeling hurt because her words were very  very hurtful.  When someone says  "you are selfish" and 'you are petty and immature", then that person is using mean spirited "you messages"  and is quite reactive.  Some people just are very reactive, have a hard time accepting responsiblility  and then need to lay "blame" anywhere they can.  It is hardly fun to have a next door neighbor that totally disregards your space. So please know that while we all tend to get hurt feelings when we are treated in this way, it takes a really wonderful person not to react accordinglly with some choice words.  So if you didn't, congrats, and know you now have many choices as to how to interact with these neighbors  You alread know she is quite reactive so a plan would be hlepful.  any plan.  A plan to ignore, A plan to smile and be incredible kind and friendly, a plan to anything, momma, coz you don't deserve to feel hurt by someone who obviously has problems!! Choices just help.  Blessings and hugs, momma!!! 

MamaAjax
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:42 AM

You're in the right. Mind you some neighbors can be real nice and all until you do something they don't like. I thought we were cool with ours. They have two boys one the same age as my son. I was so excited when they moved in. Well that was until they called my parents on me. O.O It was a very wtf moment. I mean, I was 25 living in my own place, paying my own bills. My parents were living hundreds of miles away in a different state. My father asked them to keep an eye on me because I'm a single mom living in a big house all by myself in a state with no family. He wanted to know that if I needed "help" they'd have my back. Well apparently they took it as "Keep an eye on her" in the sense of I need to be watched because I'm some "teenage" mom. So when we were having our Holi party, they called my parents on me. Apparently running around my back yard at 8-9pm at night on the weekend with a bunch of "family" (DS godmother and godfather) and friends throwing "colors" (powder paint) on each other and eating pizza was hazardous to my DS. 

Well my mom flew all over them, she got pissed off about it. So the next time I did something they didn't like, they called DCF on me. (I let my son skip 1 day of school because his aunt and cousin were in town staying with us.)

I had been nothing but nice to these people. Our boys played together. We didn't have problems until the end of the second year that they had been here.

AleaKat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM
You're in the right here.
It's not about "a couple of feet"
It's the principle if knowing it was your property and going it anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL...my husband said he would have cut the tree down himself.

We had a land fight with our old neighbors. They tried to move the property marker to the corner of our lake and get access to the water. A small war (got slightly nasty at times) took place and we won! 

The idiot has since sold and left the state.

The new neighbors are awesome people.

rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM

You are not in the wrong. We have property lines for a reason. I would be upset if someone built something in front of my living room window also. A couple inches is not really a big deal, but a couple feet, that's a lot of space.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN