Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hopeless

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I'm so tired of my SO. I have ppd. He knows this. I'm in between medications. Instead of building me up he breaks me down. Puts me down and tells me I need a happy pill. I'm so sick of it I'm ready to tell him to get out! We just had a baby together and this is the way you treat me? Am I overreacting? Or would you be the same way?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bluelace777
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Depression is very hard to be around and understand for people that don't have it. He probably feels powerless. Suggest things that he could do that would make you feel better, like: "It would make me happy if you could please ___"

liliem
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I keep putting my hd in his place because he doesn't understand my sometimes uncontrollable emotions. He's getting better but I'm due in 3 weeks. Better late than never I guess, but it was a struggle at times because he forgets and says stuff he should never say to me. You are not overreacting... Unless you are being a complete psycho to him... than I could understand him responding to you that way. But if he's instigating it then I would definitely try and nip it in the butt. That's no way to live. But if you're doing it to him, than be considerate and give him some peace as well. We all deserve a little peace. Also, get active, or do things that create the dopamine that the brain releases that helps you feel good. It may help alleviate some of that ppd, like getting in a routine and putting the baby in a stroller and taking a long daily walk in the morning or something. Especially now that the weather is getting better. Fresh air, sun, and excercise can do wonders.

0oSamanthaKayo0
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM
He probably just doesn't know what to do or say and is trying to be light hearted about it. People who haven't been depressed or around people who have been depressed typically don't understand
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM

He probably doesn't understand how serious it can be and that can be irritating.  Maybe he can go to a doctor's appointment with you so that the doctor can explain.  My dh thought I was being a drama queen when I went into labor until the nurse at the hospital set him straight.  His attitude changed immediately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)