Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Fu** you, bossman. Fu** you!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm about ready to walk the fuck out the door.

First, he called me a bitch. Then he started pushing my lunch hour back to 3 (I work 9:30a-6p). I'm a massage therapist, I'm constantly on my feet doing a physically demanding job. I love what I do but I need a break and a 3pm lunch hour is bullshit. We book massages on the hour, every hour so there is no time in between sessions. We have groupon deals out right now for a one hour massage and 20 minute spinal decompression (Chiropractic office). He's constantly telling us to cut the sessions short and to talk people out of getting the decompressions, services they already paid for, just so he doesn't have to do them. And then today, he called me fat and then got pissed off when I left early cause my appt no showed and I had no one else scheduled.

I don't need this damn job anymore, I've been with him over a year and his attitude and business managing/owner skills have decreased substantially. The only reason I haven't walked yet is because I move in May and my last day working there is May 3rd. All I feel like doing is telling him to fuck off!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
JLCrunch
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:56 AM

This.

You can try to file a claim against the jerk but to be perfectly honest the chances of anything coming out of it without proof are nil. I've been there when I was demoted because I was a woman (manager admitted in private that I was a model employee but I was replaced with a man because he could physically carry more weight), When I threatened to report her (yes, I said HER! The manager herself was a woman) the manager falsified documentation including altering time cards to make it seem that I had a poor record and created fake write ups/written warnings. It literally is their word against yours. The world sucks and there is little you can do to defend that. Your best bet is to quit now and save your own sanity. Good luck.

Quoting emmy526:

you mite as well leave now and save yourself the headache it will give you for the rest of the month...is it really worth it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Record voice option on your phone.
Give it right back to him. Make him do the decompressions. Smile
liliem
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I wouldn't burn the bridge since you worked there so long. Especially towards the end. Make sure you can get a good reference for the next job you want. 

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I would file a complaint, then talk to a lawyer, and see if a lawyer thinks you have a case against him. Hang in there!

You don't really need a reference if you are a licensed massage therapist. Wish you were moving closer to me. I need to go to school for this. I really do. 

You could have your own business. You sound good enough to make a living like that owning your own. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

by  Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I wouldn't burn the bridge since you worked there so long. Especially towards the end. Make sure you can get a good reference for the next job you want. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^I also agree with this. Hang in there, it isn't that much longer. I would also speak to the other massage therapists that he has working there, ya never know, he might be treating them like he has been treating you. Especially if he only says those things in private. They may just be sucking it all up thinking that they are the only ones he's been talking to like that.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Thanks! Honestly though, it wouldn't hurt me at all to walk out now. I'm moving to a different state in 4 weeks and only have 3 weeks left til my last day here.

Quoting ansu16:

Sorry sweetie! Yes u can tell ur boss to get lost, but tink about it jobs r hard to get now! My advice to you! Jus ignore watever he says! Don't him get 2 u! Anger never solves a problem! Patience my darlimg! Almighty has a plan and purpose 4 every1! Wil pray 4 u! Take it easy, tel him 2 stuff his job as soon as u have sumtin else in the pipeline! Gudluck
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM
This is the only reason I haven't walked yet. I do already have a good reference letter from him though.

Quoting liliem:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Thanks!

Quoting Basherte:

I would file a complaint, then talk to a lawyer, and see if a lawyer thinks you have a case against him. Hang in there!

You don't really need a reference if you are a licensed massage therapist. Wish you were moving closer to me. I need to go to school for this. I really do. 

You could have your own business. You sound good enough to make a living like that owning your own. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^I also agree with this. Hang in there, it isn't that much longer. I would also speak to the other massage therapists that he has working there, ya never know, he might be treating them like he has been treating you. Especially if he only says those things in private. They may just be sucking it all up thinking that they are the only ones he's been talking to like that.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM

You're welcome. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks!

Quoting Basherte:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CafeMom Tickers
JTriches
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

FIND ANOTHER JOB.  No one should be abused at work

Diane1223
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I would report him after May 3rd, and tell where he can go
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)