Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

DH is going to blow us up!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

DH sucks at taking care of his things, his car is one of the things he just doesn't give two thoughts on. I mean how many times does he have to complain about not being able to have nice things before he realizes it's his fault he can't have nice things.

I may not know much about cars but I do know that waiting for the Low Fuel light to come on even though your car has been on E for 10 minutes before it comes on doesn't mean it's lying to you, and when you don't check your oil, water, or whatever is all under the hood ever then you are going to mess up the car. I mention this to him, others advise him to check it all and to not wait so long but he just gets pissed off and says it's fine.

I don't even know what could happen if it all goes unchecked but I do know it's not going to be good. I hope I can teach myself how to check all of it from something online because I can't stand the fear of not having a car and something happening while my children are in the car.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM

How old is his car? I never check my oil or fluids- just have the dealership do it all when I take it in for its oil change every 10,000 miles.

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I don't check my oil/fluids either.  I just bring it in when the sticker says to.  If you drive, bring it in yourself.

0oSamanthaKayo0
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Dh sucks at this stuff too.
I have learned to do it though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM

It's a 98 Saturn SL1, he bought it from a buddy of his dad's so we don't have a dealership, just us to figure out it's needs.

Quoting psych_mom:

How old is his car? I never check my oil or fluids- just have the dealership do it all when I take it in for its oil change every 10,000 miles.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Okay, definitely needs to keep an eye on things then. Mine is a newer car and we can get away with it since it takes synthetic oil, but that car needs an oil change more often or it will lock up the engine. If he doesn't keep coolant and water in it, it will overheat... maybe someday he will learn.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a 98 Saturn SL1, he bought it from a buddy of his dad's so we don't have a dealership, just us to figure out it's needs.

Quoting psych_mom:

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Can your dad or a guy friend come over and help you. Its a hands on thing. I learned how to do all of that when I started driving and have them teach you how to change a flat tire also.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM

My dad, no, but next time my FIL is in town I could get his help, I have no guy friends that know what they're suppose to be looking for, so I'll stick it out until FIL comes around.

Quoting aj_mom:

Can your dad or a guy friend come over and help you. Its a hands on thing. I learned how to do all of that when I started driving and have them teach you how to change a flat tire also.

AleaKat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Doesn't matter who you bought it from you can still take it in to get it looked at.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Oh mama, my dad made sure I could check and change my oil, spark plugs cap and wires, air filter, anti freeze and a flat. And when I go see my parents my dad checks all that stuff before I leave to come home. He is paranoid like that though. I am sorry your dh isn't very helpful or mindful of routine auto maintenance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)