Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gah im fed up of mil being overly involved!!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: interfering MIL.... annoying or not?

Options:

annoying

i dont mind

she dosent get involved

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

Has anyone else been in the situation where your MIL. Looks after you child to enable you to work but wont do anything you ask for example your 2 year old is still on the bottle all day long, when you got them on to proper foods like you eat she has put them back onto those horrible jars then tells you its your fault and keeps putting your 2 year old into a play pen ( i continously call it the cage) grr this gets to me every day ive been back at work which has been since my DD was 7months old! Im now currently pregnant again and am literally counting down the days til i leave due to fact i WILL NOT be going back to work to ensure this dosent happen again but im worried my DH will still get her involved in every little thing.... for example im looking into getting my daughter into pre school when she turns 3 for a couple hours a week but because his mummy has said not to other wise she wont ever look after the children (which suits me fine) he says im being lazy and wanting to dump her onto someone else so that i dont have to look after two children. Huh if i didnt want to look after 2 children would i be pregnant again... umm hell no!!!

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CaiZobug
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM
9 moms liked this

Thought you would enjoy this. lol

misymac
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like the control freak my MIL was.. Ok, so MIL wont babysit if you put the child in pre kindergarten? Is this happening before or after you have the baby? if its after and your going to become a SAHM.. then who cares, do it anyway.. Actually it is better for your DD to go to pre kindergarten, she learn social skills and gets a head up on schooling.. The child is in school just a couple of hours a week?  It doesn't sound like anyone realize it  really more work on you.. You have to get both kids dressed, get both in the car, if you have to walk DD to class, get both children out of the car.. turn around and do it all over again..  Once the baby is here and about six weeks old.. Leave them both with dad for a DAY  with a honey do list and see if he don't change his mind on the subject..

misymac
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I just got to the point with my DH's family  when giving unwated advice, 'I will take it under advisement"..lol.... translation, I am NOT listening..

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM

She should have NO say in how you raise your child.  If you think pre-school is best, her opinion doesn't matter at all.

just1moremeans4
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM
i HATE my MIL with a passion. that bitch can rot in hell before she ever sees me kids again!! she lied about my daughter's dr office saying they were going to call social services on me since she wasn't gaining weight (said a nurse told her this) she has NO access to their records!!! DH believed it, kept it from me for several days, we finally get into an argument and he threw it in my face. i called his mother, bitched her out, immediately scheduled an appt with the dr who owned the practice and about killed DH for that. told MIL to go to hell and DH if she ever stepped foot near my kids again i would call the cops on her and beat him with a baseball bat until he was out of my house! she's very vindictive and spiteful as is he. he got it honest.
yiayia28
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:55 PM

If she wasn't trying to control things with your kids it would be something else.after 16 years I can now tolerate my mil she tried so hard to stop my relationship with her son ( they are greek and wanted a greek dil) trying to marry him off to other women and even going to Greece and refusing t come back, she tought this woul stop us from getting married well we just went and did it anyway. Thankfully my husband stand up to her.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I've been married twice and have never had a mother in law. So I have no clue how I would react or handle that.

IUMer
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

She keeps your 2 year old in a play pen???

Baby5232011
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:32 AM

PREACH IT SISTER!!!!!! How these woman became this way is beyond me!! when it comes to my mil we broke my son of the bottle at like a year and a half come to find out she was staching them in her house giving them to him WTF!!!! STOP DOING THAT!!! " he doesn't drink as much with the sippy cup as the bottle" Thats the point less liquids more solids lol he is almost 2 she refused to help potty train calls his sippy cup a bottle then argues with me when i say its not a bottle don't call it that there is a huge difference. the woman is insane!!!! always accusing me of abusing my kid?? WHAT? I don't know what i'm talking about because i had nothing to do with his conseption or his raising. OOOOHHHH I FEEL YA LOL!!!

Baby5232011
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)