Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Gah im fed up of mil being overly involved!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: interfering MIL.... annoying or not?

Options:

annoying

i dont mind

she dosent get involved

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

Has anyone else been in the situation where your MIL. Looks after you child to enable you to work but wont do anything you ask for example your 2 year old is still on the bottle all day long, when you got them on to proper foods like you eat she has put them back onto those horrible jars then tells you its your fault and keeps putting your 2 year old into a play pen ( i continously call it the cage) grr this gets to me every day ive been back at work which has been since my DD was 7months old! Im now currently pregnant again and am literally counting down the days til i leave due to fact i WILL NOT be going back to work to ensure this dosent happen again but im worried my DH will still get her involved in every little thing.... for example im looking into getting my daughter into pre school when she turns 3 for a couple hours a week but because his mummy has said not to other wise she wont ever look after the children (which suits me fine) he says im being lazy and wanting to dump her onto someone else so that i dont have to look after two children. Huh if i didnt want to look after 2 children would i be pregnant again... umm hell no!!!

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (11-15):
Babygirl9609
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:07 AM
Ugh! I feel you. I hate mine with a passion!!!!! I took a lot of shit from her for so long and even now that I don't live with her she is still talking shit about me! I get kinda mad because she always finds an excuse to keep hating but I try to let it go. My son used to love her a lot but honestly she made him act distant towards her. My son has now forgotten about her but I have learned what type of person she is. She doesnt give a shit about any of her grandkids nor does she try to spend time with them. So why should my son be any different. I regret everything I went through. This crazy bitch tried to control my life as well and told me I was a bad mother and I didn't know how to take care of a baby. I stood up to her so many times and to this day she is still talking shit. I hate her and always will. I am glad my son is not around her anymore. She will go as far as ignoring my son and being rude to him all because she doesnt like me so I will play that game too. Don't let her control your life or how you parent. Stand your ground girl!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My MIL lives over 12 hours away but even when we visit she keeps her distance and let's me be mommy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NorseGodessMom
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM

my MiL lives out of the country and only calls for $$$ BITCH

Kortlynia
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:57 PM

My XMIL was intrusive, no where near as bad as yours sounds though. She would tell me how to wash dishes, and tell me that my DD's bedroom was too small, she could become claustrophobic... now that she is my X MIL she keeps her comments to herself (she's afraid if she says the wrong thing I'll withhold my DD from her).

Hughes23
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Yea she does and has said that if i teach her how to climb out (been tempted) she wont look after her however she is only source off child care as my parents work and my Nan (grandmother) is getting to the stage off being unable to help

Quoting IUMer:

She keeps your 2 year old in a play pen???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)