Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Hooray for Suckage!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 11 Replies
3 moms liked this
My vacuum that is. It wasn't working and I figured it was dust. I figured I'd change the belt and see what happened. Best Suckage EVER. Lol

It's a heavy duty pet hair model so I've been living with fur carpets while I was figuring out what was wrong.

I'm happy....be happy with me dammit! Hooray for Suckage!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM

*woot*

Glad you got it fixed!

CotterpinDoozer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Yay! I need a new vacuum, mine is really heavy, I feel like I need sled dogs to help me pull it! It's also very old and no matter what I do, the suckage is not good.

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Yay for being fur free!

psych_mom
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Woo hoo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Stinky fur carpet.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Yay for being fur free!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Yay! Sucking is good (why did that sound so dirty?)

aodom323
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM

get a shark vacuum. I love it.  I know a lot of peope say it is better than a dyson.  We got ours a year ago and it was on sale for $160.  It is lightweight, pretty quiet for a vacuum and practically pushes itself on carpet. We had a little crappy vacuum before and when we got our new one we had to empty it halfway through vacuuming our carpet because it picked up so much crap.  It got everything up from under the carpet too.  If you feel like it is loosing suckage all you have to do is rinse out the filters and empty the bin and bam back to its awesome self.  It also has some attachments for furniture and pet hair and even has a hard floor attachment so you can dust the floor ( I use that part for sucking up random cheerios that make it to my kitchen floor makes sweeping non existent)

Quoting CotterpinDoozer:

Yay! I need a new vacuum, mine is really heavy, I feel like I need sled dogs to help me pull it! It's also very old and no matter what I do, the suckage is not good.

WesternNYmom
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I need a new vacuum. Mine is on its last leg.  I just changed the belt, and cleaned off the rotating brush, and changed the filters (there are 2 hepa filters in mine), and it barely works. I also cleaned out the hoses so I know they are not clogged, and the suction is still horrible.  I think it is just worn out. As soon as I can afford a good one, I am shopping for a new vacuum. I am sick and tired of cheap vacuumes that barely last 5 years, before they need to be replaced.

Ayshren
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Woohoo!!

CrazyEagle
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Get yourself a new vacuum cleaner. You can either choose a Dyson (more expensive) or another cheaper model (most of them are good too, like - Hoover, Miele, Eureka and even more). I love my Dyson, but I can't say I haven't tried other cheaper vacuum cleaners that worked good. 

If I were to buy a new vacuum cleaner again, I would go with a Dyson. My favorite one (I might buy it in the future) is Dyson DC 44 Animal Slim version. Lightweight and not that expensive. Read some reviews about it on this website.

@aodom323 is right too! A Shark vacuum cleaner model is a good choice too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN