Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're fighting?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 2 Replies

I hate the fight you didn't know you were in. I really do. Look, if I did something that pissed you off, just tell me that. Don't give me the silent treatment and assume I'll know you're mad, especially if you're someone I don't interact with all that frequently. I don't really care that you're mad, I care that you're pulling some childish silent treatment BS and then get all butt hurt when I don't grovel for forgiveness.

Well sorry, if you won't tell me why you're mad and say "If you don't know, I won't tell you!" then how am I supposed to know if I've actually done something or more likely, you're being an overly dramatic drama queen about it. When you say something like that, I'm very tempted to tell you "OK fine, but then don't be surprised when this shit happens again!"

This is about a wife of someone my husband is friends with. I try and play nice with her for their sake's, but she's kind of insufferable. She could be mad because I didn't eat all the food she gave me, or that I excused myself to the bathroom to blow my nose, or any other such nonsense that she's gotten angry at other people for. Another mutual friend said that she's mad because I'm not willing to bend over backwards to be included in her click. Well sorry, I graduated high school many moons ago, not really looking to hang with the mean girls. I didn't deal with them then, I'm sure not going to deal with them now.

Either way, just tell me if your mad, don't make me guess, because I honestly don't care enough to bother. If I've actually insulted you or hurt your feelings, I'll apologize, if you're just carrying on like a child, I'm going to happily ignore you.

AV made by NiamhWitch

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
catrig
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Sounds like the silent treatment backfires for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:38 AM

That sounds like the 25 years I put up with my step-mother.

I would call to talk to my Dad get a snotty attitude from her, I'd ask why she is mad at me this time, my reply would be her hanging up. If I would go to visit him, she would go sulk in her room until I left. 

A couple months or years would go by, she would answer and be all happy and asking why I havent stopped by or called to chit chat. 

This happend all the time with that woman.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)