Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Does this bother anyone else?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm so sick and tired of people dressing there little girls in trashy clothes and make up. It's just wrong. It's no cute at all. Little girls should not be wearing mini skirts, belly shirts, bikinis, or booty shorts. It drives me nuts, I see it everywhere in this little town and everywhere else. Hell, my husband's ex has his 10 year old wearing bras and make-up. It just bugs the shit out of me that people feel the need to make these girls grow up fatser than they should have to.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Replies (41-45):
LoveMyBabies28
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I agree with you. Bra's if they are really needed than I don't see an issue with that. My niece who is 10 needs a bra and she has them. But all of that make up and dressing trashy-NO WAY! My girl's are not even allowed to wear skirts, their father is really strict about that. They are allowed to wear skorts and shorts in the summer but no skirts. The skirts they make now are really short! A lot of girls tend to think the only way to get someone special is to dress trashy and be easy. We will be sure our daughters know that is not the case for the right kind of guy. Kids are growing up too fast, then when they are older they wish they would have enjoyed their childhood more!
JTriches
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I agree!! If moms don't buy that crap they will go belly up!!

seraroane
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM

i hear ya on this one it is disturbing and we are wondering why 13 year old girls are getting pregnant its just eye candy for all those sick pervs that like lil girls in the world just makes me sick---but all i can say is my lil girls will not being wearing clothes like that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 14, 2013 at 6:58 AM

You can dress your girls cute without going the slutty route, agreed. The bra issue is a sensitive one, though. Some girls need a bra that early. Some girls want them because other girls need them. Some parents put their girls in bras because you can't find a shirt that isn't practically see through or way too tight these days. Maybe a camisole would be a better option, but girls still love bras. 

I wore a bra when I was 8 because I had to. I started the bra revolution in my class, and by year end everyone was wearing a bra whether they needed one or not. And I'm 41, so it's not like this was a bunch of spoiled millenials or part of this slutty baby movement. 

I know a little girl, just turned 4, and her Mom regularly uses words like "That's sexy" to describe the little girls hair or clothes. I call my girls gorgeous or pretty or beautiful, which I realize some people might take offense to, but sexy? For a 4 year old? Her Mom is also talking to her nonstop about being fat. She is a chunky little four year old, hasn't done the 5 year stretch yet, but come on. Mom is super skinny due to smoking her calories away and I'm pretty sure either anorexia or bulemia. Man, put your personal demons elsewhere, not on your kids. 

muchlovedby4
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM
My eight year old has sports bras already cuz... Well, we all know what happens when we get cold. But her clothes will be as modest as possible til shes 18 and can buy her own.

I might put a little VERY light pink eye makeup on her if we're having a girls day or something, but she knows the only thing she's allowed to wear on a daily basis until she's 16 is chapstick. And the rest will be introduced in stages, even then.

I agree with you, op. With all the crap in this world today, you'd think parents would cover their girls more. So sad that it's headed in the other direction instead. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN