Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

NEED ADVICE AND JUST TO VENT! PLS HELP!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 16 Replies

okay so my bf who is the father of my new born just recently lost his job and lately all he has been doing is smoking pot all day ( because it just recently became legal here in WA) but i keep getting onto him about needing to get clean in order to get a new job but he refuses to listen to me and its driving me nuts its no even just like he is only smoking like a bowl a day its bowl after bowl after bowl its ridiculous he is 35 years old not 16! and we got a baby on the way wtf!!! am i just being controlling bitch like he says or what do you guys think i need ideas on how to deal with this other than yelling at him cause that isn't working

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Um, no, not controlling. He needs to grow up and get back out there.

CreamCheeze
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Surely not every employer in your town piss tests?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Nope. Your doing the right thing. Tell him he shapes up, or else. Lol. I don't know about you, but drugs are a deal breaker for me. Even though you say its legal, does he have his card to 'legally' smoke it?
OwlNuggets
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:19 AM

He sounds like a teenager.
If you can't hang with the adults and enjoy yourself responsibly, get the fuck out of the party. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

you need to give him an ultimatum its either you and the baby or his weed trust me i can relate my kids dad did the same it was an addiction and he never worked at all it was horrible you dont want to deal with that trust me its a head ace it was even more annoying when i was in the hospital and just delivered our son and he comes walking through smellin like weed and high af uggh...

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Good thing he is just a boyfriend, will be easier for you to leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM

time to lay down that ultimatum....shape up or ship out

liliem
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Walk out until he finds a job. What else can you really do? 

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM

He needs to grow up. 

LadyMarissa
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

How can he afford to buy it if he's out of work???  He's going through depression & using pot as his crutch.  During the time that he's high, he just doesn't gaf about his problems which gives him a little relief.  I'm NOT saying he's right in his using...just explaining what he's going through. 

I agree that at 35 he should know better; but substance abusers NEVER do even if they're 100!!!  Sadly, all the bitching in the world won't MAKE him stop until he is READY himself.  Maybe if you squirrel away some of your money, he'll have LESS with which to buy.  Then you will have a buffer for when times get tight.  Maybe when the baby arrives it will waken him up & he'll realize that there are MORE important things than getting high!!!  I wish I had the magic answer for you; but other than cutting off his funding, I'm at a loss!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)