Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

i need to get this out before...............

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 18 Replies
I burst in to tears!

I had surgery on my left foot April 4 of this year. The had to break my toe and put 2 pins in it. I'm still healing and now supposed to be on my foot very much.

I'm giving DH the silent treatment all morning. I have said less then 2 words to him. If it doesn't involve my 16 month old son I'm not saying a word.

Since i have woken up this morning I have been on my feet. And I'm in so much pain. I have made Turkey Butt(16 month olds nickname) breakfast. I have cleaned the living room, including vacuuming the floor. I have let the dog in and out AND cleaned the dog poop up out in the yard. I have done the dishes and cleaned the kitchen floor.

What has he done, put the baby down for a nap and is still there.

I need the enclosed front porch cleaned out so the kids can play in there(its not insulated so the winter time we store things in it). I need laundry put away and brought upstairs from the basement.

I don't have an issue doing this shit but he knows I'm in pain. I'm close to tears from the pain.

Dh is a good man. He has his faults and is disability and short term memory loss affects him and I get that.

But he KNOWS I'm hurting. He knows i need help!

I just need to get this out!!!!!!!

Sorry its long!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Tell him. Scream it if you have to.
I NEED YOUR HELP.
Hope you heal quickly
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
The pain is so bad I broke down and took a pain pill. I haven't had to take one in a few days. I don't know why he is acting like this!

Thanks. I see my doc again next month for xrays to make sure everything is healing correctly

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

I NEED YOUR HELP.

Hope you heal quickly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I don't take my pain pills either unless I'm in severe pain.
He's acting like that because you're letting him get away with it. Seriously tell him, you need HELP..
Aha!! 7 months & grrr still not healed correctly, ofcourse arthritis isn't helping my situation.

Quoting mommysangelface:

The pain is so bad I broke down and took a pain pill. I haven't had to take one in a few days. I don't know why he is acting like this!

Thanks. I see my doc again next month for xrays to make sure everything is healing correctly

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

I NEED YOUR HELP.

Hope you heal quickly
AnnieMcD
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM
3 moms liked this
Yeah, you're kind of encouraging him by doing all that you are. Fuck cleaning the living room and running the vacuum. Seriously fuck cleaning the dog poop out of the yard. No way. Do what is absolutely necessary and let the rest go. He'll get it eventually.
mommysangelface
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
He pulled this same shit with my other surgery in nov. Same surgery but the right foot.

I'm not gonna fight with my. The baby freaks out. And now that we have a dog, if we raise our voices he growls. Lol

He don't like it. Lol. Goofy dog. I have and he tells me 'i am'

I feel you about the arthritis I have it in both feet but can't do anything about that until I'm healed. Its a pain

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

He's acting like that because you're letting him get away with it. Seriously tell him, you need HELP..

Aha!! 7 months & grrr still not healed correctly, ofcourse arthritis isn't helping my situation.

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

I NEED YOUR HELP.

Hope you heal quickly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I agree I could have left the dog poop. But it would drive me batty. Lol

The living room needed it though. I found food the baby dropped and i didn't know. Hell I haven't done the dining room and bathroom and I'm going nuts cuz it needs to be done.

I wanna stop hurting. He tells me 'your the one who wanted the surgery'

No I freaking needed it you know.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Yeah, you're kind of encouraging him by doing all that you are. Fuck cleaning the living room and running the vacuum. Seriously fuck cleaning the dog poop out of the yard. No way. Do what is absolutely necessary and let the rest go. He'll get it eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I'm sorry :(
Yeah, kids feel & feed off you & your emotions
Goofy dog loves y'all ❤
Knees, hips, fingers. It's my right leg I'm having problems with.

Quoting mommysangelface:

He pulled this same shit with my other surgery in nov. Same surgery but the right foot.

I'm not gonna fight with my. The baby freaks out. And now that we have a dog, if we raise our voices he growls. Lol

I feel you about the arthritis I have it in both feet but can't do anything about that until I'm healed. Its a pain

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

I NEED YOUR HELP.

Hope you heal quickly
mommysangelface
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!

And ds5 is very emotional(he's been through a lot) and a total mommys boy <3. Lol

And 16 month ds is starting to be a mommys boy and emotional.

This dog does. Omfg. Lol

Damn woman.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

I'm sorry :(

Yeah, kids feel & feed off you & your emotions

Goofy dog loves y'all ❤

Knees, hips, fingers. It's my right leg I'm having problems with.

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

I NEED YOUR HELP.

Hope you heal quickly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Just tell him.
stormygirl35
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Pace yourself. I know it may drive you nuts but if you do to much you could end up setting yourself back and not be able to do anything which will end up driving you crazy. And if you know DH isn't going to be much help it will just add to your frustration. Also with the things that you must get done, give yourself a time limit. Only work for 15-20 at most then take a break and rest even if its not done then after a short break finish it up. It may take longer to finish but your toe will thank you for it. Most of us mommies try to be super woman and we beat ourselves up if we can't accomplish 50 million tasks in one day, so you are not alone. Just remember sometimes we can't be super woman and that's ok. The house will not fall apart if you wait to scrub a toilet tomorrow instead of today. Your health matters more. Plus it makes it hard to enjoy all the fun things with your little boy if you are in so much pain. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN