Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

3y/o just had surgery and husband going fishing, would you be upset?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: vote yes or no: 3y/o just had surgery and husband going fishing; would you be upset?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

My child just had out patient surgery to have her adneoids removed. She is doing fine. My husband and I took vacation to stay home and take care of her along with our 1 y/o. My husband just told me he was going fishing tomorrow. I'm upset that he would even want to go not knowing how our daughter will feel tomorrow. In addition, her preschool teacher asked if she could come by our house tomorrow to see her. I think my husband should also be home to one help me get the house ready for her teacher, two be there when her teacher comes, and most important just want to be home with your child after surgery. Do you think I should be upset by this?

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daytonbaby210
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM

yeah i would be.

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I don't think you're wrong to be upset. I wouldn't be mad at him for wanting to go because some guys just aren't that nurturing, but if you expressed to him that you need him home and he dismissed your feelings, then I'd be really mad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FloridaGurl4
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM

yes I would be upset. he needs to stay home with you to help

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Haha!! Omg just like a man! Your home, the surgery wasn't that major, his on vacation, sure y not go fishing!!! I'd kill him! I would probably flatten his tires, so he couldn't leave:)
MilkLover0203
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ACDC_fan
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I would pack him a lunch for his fishing trip and tell him to have a good time.

csxt99
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:00 AM
3 moms liked this

Here's a simple answer.  The man would have fishing hooks as his new scrotum accessory.

ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:31 AM

I would be so angry.

fullxbusymom
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Honestly it isn't major surgery so I wouldn't mind.  I would pack him a lunch and tell him to have a great time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

No, I'd tell him to have a good time. Why? While it's surgery, it's minor and your child will recover far faster than you can imagine (I know, my 4yo had her tonsils and adenoids removed and was literally running around playing like normal the next day, even though she admitted her throat was sore and still needed some pain meds that day). There's nothing he can do to make your child feel better and it probably pains him to even think about your child being in pain and him being unable to help (men often feel very helpless in these situations, especially if the women are doing all the caretaking and don't really leave anything for them to do). So he should go fishing and leave you to it. And if the preschool teacher wants to judge your home for not being immaculate when your child just had surgery, eff her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)