Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I'm about fed up with all this CRAP!!! (REALLY LONG RANT)

So, tonight, my father in law starting moaning and bitching about a comment my husband made about toilet paper. All my husband said was that people need to start putting toilet paper in the bathroom when the use up a roll. And then my father in law just went off. First it was about the toilet paper and then he start going off about the garbage and how no one ever helps clean up the kitchen, blah blah blah! Now, yes, it is his house. But it's technically my husband's house as well as his name is on the deed. We pay rent every month and help with the groceries. It just gets so frustrating sometimes because he ALWAYS does this when he drinks. But he always wants to bitch and me and the hubby. Sometimes he and husband's brother will get into but good grief. One comment about toilet paper and he goes off as if the hubby insulted him or something! Oh, and don't even get me started about this morning when my husband's loud ass brother woke my son up. Terry, my FIL, yelled at me because I yelled at Frankie. FIL said "It's 11:00, it's time for him to get up anyway." I tried to explain that we had a late night because of teething but he just kept on and on so I just walked off. He has all these opinions about how to raise MY son...it's extremely irritating. I can't have one freaking opinion in this house without getting yelled at. Granted, the hubby could help out around the house more. I would but I'm busy with an active 10 month old. The thing is...no one else helps Terry around the house. So why doesn't he go and bitch at hubby's brothers? Hubby has started saving his money so we can get our own trailer. But he only gets $690 a month and half of that goes towards rent. Hubby has his own bills to pay like the computer and t.v and stuff. Plus, he buys the stuff I need every month plus stuff for the baby. I am just really tired of this. Frankie is mentally slow and is always going off about something. He's already broken a few dish and my sandwich maker thingy during one of his fits. I actually had to take my son out of the kitchen because Frankie was swinging a freaking frying pan around! I've done told Terry that he needs to put frankie somewhere before he ends up hurting somebody but he won't listen... GRRRR! *Apparently, i did not state this in the above post. I would just like to point out that I do help out. I don't just sit around the house all day doing nothing. I do the dishes when there are dishes to be done, I sweep the floor when it needs sweeping, I do laundry, I cook from time to time. And it isn't like Terry does a whole lot of house work either. most of the time, he's either watching T.v or on the computer...just like everyone else. I just get frustrated when he gets drunk and bitches about how no one helps out around the house...because I do help out.*
CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
EvaTheDiva29
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM

pfft. 10 month old........got nothing else....

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Nice environment for your little one.

Well, it's a lot better than the environment than I was raised in and I turned out just fine. At least there is no drug use or abuse going on. Frankie doesn't always act out...just when he forgets to take his pills.
CafeMom Tickers
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

My son is very active and takes up a lot of time. I help out as best I can when I get the time.
CafeMom Tickers
EvaTheDiva29
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM

i have a very active 2 yr old, a ds who is adhd/odd, and possible aspergers, yet my shit is done every day. 

i wish i only had 1 10 month old. lmfao

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

My son is very active and takes up a lot of time. I help out as best I can when I get the time.

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

i have a very active 2 yr old, a ds who is adhd/odd, and possible aspergers, yet my shit is done every day. 

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

well, I'm sorry your kids keep you so busy. But that's no reason to be rude to other people. that is just uncalled for.
CafeMom Tickers
EvaTheDiva29
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM

what was rude? lol 

explaining my kids and i get things done? or wishing i had only 1 10 month old?  lmfao

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

well, I'm sorry your kids keep you so busy. But that's no reason to be rude to other people. that is just uncalled for.

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

what was rude? lol 

explaining my kids and i get things done? or wishing i had only 1 10 month old?  lmfao

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

It wasn't what you said but how you said it. Your tone was rude...even if u didn't not mean it to come off as rude, it did to me.
CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Do you realize how much of an excuse that sounds like? I know a mom who is homeschooling her 5th grader and kindergartener. She has a huge, beautiful home she keeps clean and maintained. Her hubby is gone 8 months out of the year for work. She has a very active almost 2 year old. This kid NEVER stays still. And she is pregnant with her 4th. Her oldest 2 are involved in church, gymnastics, workshops for homeschoolers, etc so she is always on the go with her kids. Her 2 year old is the type who you turn around and he's on top of the refrigerator. But she keeps her home clean still. Having an active 10 month old is no excuse for not getting cleaning done. 10 month olds are easy no matter how active they are! Just wait until you have a 2 year old or more than one kid. If you can't handle pitching in because you have a 10 month old please don't bother moving out. There's no way you will be able to maintain a clean, functioning home.
Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you realize how much of an excuse that sounds like? I know a mom who is homeschooling her 5th grader and kindergartener. She has a huge, beautiful home she keeps clean and maintained. Her hubby is gone 8 months out of the year for work. She has a very active almost 2 year old. This kid NEVER stays still. And she is pregnant with her 4th. Her oldest 2 are involved in church, gymnastics, workshops for homeschoolers, etc so she is always on the go with her kids. Her 2 year old is the type who you turn around and he's on top of the refrigerator. But she keeps her home clean still. Having an active 10 month old is no excuse for not getting cleaning done. 10 month olds are easy no matter how active they are! Just wait until you have a 2 year old or more than one kid. If you can't handle pitching in because you have a 10 month old please don't bother moving out. There's no way you will be able to maintain a clean, functioning home.
Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

I don't know how many times I have to say this...I DO help out. that's one of the reasons I get frustrated when Terry complains that no one helps him out. Maybe I don't help out as much as he would like...but I do help out. I do laundry, I cook from time to time when he lets me, I clean dishes, I sweep.
CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I could NOT live with the inlaws. That would be horrific. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN