Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I'm about fed up with all this CRAP!!! (REALLY LONG RANT)

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 32 Replies
So, tonight, my father in law starting moaning and bitching about a comment my husband made about toilet paper. All my husband said was that people need to start putting toilet paper in the bathroom when the use up a roll. And then my father in law just went off. First it was about the toilet paper and then he start going off about the garbage and how no one ever helps clean up the kitchen, blah blah blah! Now, yes, it is his house. But it's technically my husband's house as well as his name is on the deed. We pay rent every month and help with the groceries. It just gets so frustrating sometimes because he ALWAYS does this when he drinks. But he always wants to bitch and me and the hubby. Sometimes he and husband's brother will get into but good grief. One comment about toilet paper and he goes off as if the hubby insulted him or something! Oh, and don't even get me started about this morning when my husband's loud ass brother woke my son up. Terry, my FIL, yelled at me because I yelled at Frankie. FIL said "It's 11:00, it's time for him to get up anyway." I tried to explain that we had a late night because of teething but he just kept on and on so I just walked off. He has all these opinions about how to raise MY son...it's extremely irritating. I can't have one freaking opinion in this house without getting yelled at. Granted, the hubby could help out around the house more. I would but I'm busy with an active 10 month old. The thing is...no one else helps Terry around the house. So why doesn't he go and bitch at hubby's brothers? Hubby has started saving his money so we can get our own trailer. But he only gets $690 a month and half of that goes towards rent. Hubby has his own bills to pay like the computer and t.v and stuff. Plus, he buys the stuff I need every month plus stuff for the baby. I am just really tired of this. Frankie is mentally slow and is always going off about something. He's already broken a few dish and my sandwich maker thingy during one of his fits. I actually had to take my son out of the kitchen because Frankie was swinging a freaking frying pan around! I've done told Terry that he needs to put frankie somewhere before he ends up hurting somebody but he won't listen... GRRRR! *Apparently, i did not state this in the above post. I would just like to point out that I do help out. I don't just sit around the house all day doing nothing. I do the dishes when there are dishes to be done, I sweep the floor when it needs sweeping, I do laundry, I cook from time to time. And it isn't like Terry does a whole lot of house work either. most of the time, he's either watching T.v or on the computer...just like everyone else. I just get frustrated when he gets drunk and bitches about how no one helps out around the house...because I do help out.*
CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

get off your ass and clean the house! 10 month old's still nap...do the dishes and mop the floor...it realy isn't that hard!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice environment for your little one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Having a 10 month old is not easy but you can still get things done. Time management is your friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Either help out or move out. You certainly should be helping with cleaning and such. You do realize mom's around the world care for more than 1 child and still maintain a home? There's no reason you can't pitch in. A 10 month old is not a disability.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I keep up on my housework and I have a very active 10 month old who is walking now. And if you and your husband really don't help out around the house then I can see why your FIL gets frustrated when you complain about stuff.
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm amazed that because you have one active child you can't do anything around the house.  Wow.

emandab
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Oh honey, there are so many problems in this vent that I can see.  The least of which being your FIL or BIL.

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I keep up on my housework and I have a very active 10 month old who is walking now. And if you and your husband really don't help out around the house then I can see why your FIL gets frustrated when you complain about stuff.

Oh, and just to point out...my husband wasn't complaining about the toilet paper. He made ONE comment about it...and he said it in a nice way. We rarely complain at all to Terry but when we do, it's stuff that we have a right to complain about. Like my BIL waking the baby up from a nap because he was screaming right outside our door. Now, I don't mind him talking but i would appreciate it if they would do it in an inside voice. You don't see me running around when THEY are trying to sleep screaming and carrying on.
CafeMom Tickers
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Quoting anotherhalf:

I'm amazed that because you have one active child you can't do anything around the house.  Wow.

I never said I didn't do anything around the house. It just irritates me when he complains about us never helping out when no one else EVER helps out. I sweep and do dishes and do the laundry. I might leave a single dish in the sink cause my son is crying and Terry makes a big deal over it.
CafeMom Tickers
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Either help out or move out. You certainly should be helping with cleaning and such. You do realize mom's around the world care for more than 1 child and still maintain a home? There's no reason you can't pitch in. A 10 month old is not a disability.

We want to move out. But I don't have a job right now because I had to stop my job search because our car started crapping out on us. My hubby gets so much a month and half of that goes towards rent and then we help out with groceries...not to mention the things I need and things for the baby. By the time we are doing with paying our bills and buying the important stuff, hubby barely has any money left.
CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)