Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Some people do not need to have babies....

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

Now, I am not normally a nosy person but it just really pisses me off when people have kids and then don't want to take care of them. I just found out that my husband's cousin is like 4 or 5 months pregnant with her SECOND child. She can't take care of the one she has. She is ALWAYS pawning him off on other people. She's stayed with us 2 times. And each time, my father in law had to practically FORCE her to get off her ass and take care of her kid.

The second time she stayed with us, the poor boy would follow me around until I fixed him some food. He's a year and four months old now and the only thing I ever saw her give him was tea, milk, or water. I NEVER saw her feed that poor child. I fixed his breakfast, shared my lunch with him, and even had to share MY dinner with him because she refused to. She even asked me what the f*** I was doing feeding her kid. I snapped at her that "someone has to feed him because your sure as hell aint gonna do it." She got so pissed at me that she knocked my plate of food on the floor, practically ripped her kid off my lap, and stormed outside.

This last time she stayed with us, my father in law told her that if she didn't start taking care of her kid, he was gonna call the cops on her and have her charger with child neglect. They got into this huge argument and she left.

Why on earth does she want another kid when she doesn't want to take care of the one she's got?! She's got no job, no husband/boyfriend, and sleeps around...a lot. The father of her first kid? The man who went to jail for "molesting" her when she was twelve. When I found that out, I just could not believe it.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wirehangers
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM

She sounds like my crazy sister.I'm sure my sis is bipolar,although she's never been diagnosed.When she's going through one of her highs she wants babies,pets,different place to live,etc.When she hits one of her lows she can't handle any of it and leaves.She sleeps around wether she's married or not.She neglected her kids and then abandoned them during her first marriage and ran off with future husband #2(thankfully her tubes were tied).She got the kids back for a little while until things went bad with hubby#2.She abandoned her kids again(this time permanently).After several BFs she met hubby#3.By this time I was so beyond disgusted with her that we hd a fight and quit speaking.She got her tubes untied and had 2 more kids.I recently heard things aren't working out with her and hubby#3.I'm very close with her first 2 kids who are now 21 and 18 and have never met younger kids.I do feel bad that I've never met them but at the same time I feel so relieved to not have to deal with crazy sis anymore

robeandslippers
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I totally feel the same way. My sil has 5 kids and she is 30. She is not with any of the men! She has a  new bf and just got prego again! She has a daughter with special needs,and has a feeding tube, with a 24 hour nurse. She is on foodstamps and all kinds of other stuff. She got a house because, she was single and going to school but, she quit school because, she has to much going on. I really wish that she would keep her legs closed and try to take care of the kids that she has!

robeandslippers
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Quoting wirehangers:

She sounds like my crazy sister.I'm sure my sis is bipolar,although she's never been diagnosed.When she's going through one of her highs she wants babies,pets,different place to live,etc.When she hits one of her lows she can't handle any of it and leaves.She sleeps around wether she's married or not.She neglected her kids and then abandoned them during her first marriage and ran off with future husband #2(thankfully her tubes were tied).She got the kids back for a little while until things went bad with hubby#2.She abandoned her kids again(this time permanently).After several BFs she met hubby#3.By this time I was so beyond disgusted with her that we hd a fight and quit speaking.She got her tubes untied and had 2 more kids.I recently heard things aren't working out with her and hubby#3.I'm very close with her first 2 kids who are now 21 and 18 and have never met younger kids.I do feel bad that I've never met them but at the same time I feel so relieved to not have to deal with crazy sis anymore

You know my sil has bipolar and she wants 500 kids. I wonder, if this has a connection?

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM

The odd thing about her is she's actually excited! I'm just so confused as to why she wants another one. she's already had welfare called on her once already. They had to take her son to the hospital for some reason and they did tests and found that the boy hadn't eaten any solid food in three days!!

But the way you describe your sister in law sounds exactly like her.

Quoting wirehangers:

CafeMom Tickers
tigerstripes12
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

you ask "why"?  attention.

wirehangers
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting robeandslippers:

Quoting wirehangers:

You know my sil has bipolar and she wants 500 kids. I wonder, if this has a connection?

I bet it does.I hope she gets treatment.When shes manic I'm sure 500 kids sounds like a great idea,but when the depression hits,look out!

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Glad I'm not the only one with a family member who can't keep their legs closed. I am on birthcontrol right now because I KNOW i cannot handle any more kids right now. Hell, I might not even have anymore period. I haven't decided yet. The point is, she should've got on birthcontrol and stayed on it. I think she was on it at somepoint, depo provera I think, but she quit going for the shots.

wirehangers
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Yeah Jennifer,I hear ya.I don't mean to sound like the BP spokeswoman but she definitely sounds like she is suffering from it.I'm sure her excitement is very real and she's feeling optimistic right now.Poor kids.Sounds like a scary situation.She needs help but it's nearly impossible to force an adult to get it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I know the feeling. My sister lost custody of her children and rarely sees them/ talks to them. She then married a man who took custody of his children from the BM (he tricked her, it was horrible but its a long story) after he married my sister. My sister acts like she does so much for those kids but complains about them left and right when his family doesn't know.

My husband's ex wife walked away from him and their kids. Wanted nothing to do with the kids for years. She now has another child and had a miscarriage (so she says, she's had abortions in the past and told her family that they were miscarriages). She really doesn't need to have more children. Her new husband and mom has the other child all the time while she stays in bed and leaves for hours at a time.

It really is sad. If you can't care for the ones you have, please do not have more.

MamaAjax
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm Schizoaffective Bi-polar (diagnosed since I was 10 years old) and I want three kids only (yes I fear passing this on to them since it is directly genetically linked). I already have one. People just do things for attention sometimes. Every time I turn around someone who's "acting crazy" is suddenly Bi-polar. I'm all for Bi-polar Awareness. Just not using it as an excuse for people to act stupid.  Granted wirehangers. It sounds like your sister does need the diagnosis checked. If she is Bi-polar and it is that uncontrolled she needs to be medicated and possible awarded to a responsible adult who can help her manage her day to day life. It is a debilitating illness without the proper support and doctors. 

Quoting wirehangers:

Quoting robeandslippers:

Quoting wirehangers:

I bet it does.I hope she gets treatment.When shes manic I'm sure 500 kids sounds like a great idea,but when the depression hits,look out!

Mama Ajax @ Blogger

Just a little bit my life experiences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)